Monty Python’s Flying Circus members to reunite for a documentary tributeMarch 31st, 2009 - 5:32 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 31 (ANI): The members of the Brit comedy TV show Monty Python’s Flying Circus are all set to reunite for an upcoming TV documentary tribute.
The remaining members of the sitcom - John Cleese, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Michael Palin and Terry Gilliam - have all given their nod to the 6-episode Monty Python documentary ‘Almost the Truth’ (The Lawyer’s Cut), which will debut in America as part of cable network IFC’s Python Week.
“This is the documentary I always hoped would be made - something so complete and so faithful to the truth that I don’t need to watch it,” Contactmusic quoted Terry Jones as saying.
The documentary will “study the Pythons up close” and feature the thoughts of fans who are “rock stars, comedians, actors, politicians, writers, broadcasters, religious groups, Python-haters and potential axe murderers.”
Playboy boss Hugh Hefner, Eddie Izzard, Dan Aykroyd and Tim Roth will also contribute to the documentary with their thoughts.
IFC boss George Lentz said: “This is the first time the Pythons have come together for a project since 1983’s Monty Python’s Meaning of Life. This documentary series is a final opportunity for them to chronicle the Python phenomenon on record as they approach their 40th anniversary, and leave it at that.”
The documentary will also serve as a tribute to late Python actor Graham Chapman, who lost his battle with cancer in 1989.
Following the TV run, the documentary will be released on DVD internationally. (ANI)
- BBC 'nearly killed off 'Monty Python' - Aug 04, 2010
- Monty Python stars get own radio channel - Oct 14, 2009
- Monty Python team to reunite for 40th anniversary of first show - Mar 28, 2009
- Russell Brand to star in 'What About Dick?' - Feb 22, 2012
- Monty Python star Cleese refused peerage to avoid England winter - Apr 17, 2011
- Jerry O'Connell to play Herman Munster in TV reboot - Jun 06, 2012
- Monty Python launches own YouTube channel - Nov 21, 2008
- John Cleese spotted shopping for 'long white dress' with new girlfriend - Apr 18, 2011
- Director Gilliam relieved he was rejected by 'Harry Potter' producers - Sep 08, 2009
- Johnny Depp''s dream role is to be a Python, says Terry Gilliam - Feb 22, 2009
- World's longest film lasting 150 hours to be screened in France - Nov 09, 2009
- UK public bodies splurge taxpayers' money to teach officials how to walk - Feb 20, 2011
- Terry Gilliam to be honoured with BAFTA fellowship award - Feb 04, 2009
- Elijah Wood to star in 'The Hobbit' - Jan 10, 2011
- Monty Python''s dead Parrot sketch dates back to 4th century - Nov 14, 2008
Tags: 40th anniversary, axe murderers, brit comedy, circus members, comedy tv, dan aykroyd, documentary series, documentary tribute, eddie izzard, eric idle, flying circus, graham chapman, hugh hefner, michael palin, monty python, playboy boss, pythons, terry gilliam, terry jones, tim roth