Monroe voted greatest blonde of all timeAugust 25th, 2010 - 1:48 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 25 (IANS) Actress Marilyn Monroe has been voted the greatest blonde of all time by OnePoll.com, an online market research company.
The legend has beaten a host of modern beauties, including Cameron Diaz, Madonna and Scarlett Johansson.
“Marilyn Monroe has always been known for her iconic blonde hair,” contactmusic.com quoted a spokesperson from the company as saying.
“But it’s amazing to think that even now, almost half a century after her death, she has still beaten modern blondes to the top spot.
“Her hair is synonymous with 1950s glamour but it has stood the test of time against hair styles and colours which have come and gone over the years,” he added.
Monroe became an icon after her tragic death in 1962 and had relationships with a string of famous men during her life, including playwright Arthur Miller and she allegedly dated US President John F. Kennedy.
The top 20 Greatest Blondes of all time are:
1. Marilyn Monroe
2. Grace Kelly
3. Brigitte Bardot
4. Cameron Diaz
5. Holly Willoughby
6. Joanna Lumley
7. Scarlett Johansson
8. Stevie Nicks
9. Olivia Newton-John
10. Debbie Harry
12. Doris Day
13. Goldie Hawn
14. Gwen Stefani
15. Denise Van Outen
16. Barbara Windsor
17. Honor Blackman
18. Tess Daly
19. Charlize Theron
20. Paris Hilton
- Marilyn Monroe is Longoria's style icon - Jun 24, 2012
- Michelle Williams To Play Marilyn Monroe In 'My Week With Marilyn' - Oct 11, 2010
- Brigitte Bardot inspires Kelly Brook - Jun 06, 2012
- Ryan Phillippe, Amanda Seyfried 'make out' at Madonna's post-Oscar party - Mar 02, 2011
- Naomi Watts 'very scared' about playing Marilyn Monroe in biopic - Jan 27, 2011
- Watts scared about playing Marilyn Monroe - Jan 28, 2011
- Iconic images of some of Playboy's sexiest pin-ups up for grabs - Nov 19, 2010
- Jolie to star in Marilyn Monroe film - Aug 16, 2010
- Scarlett Johansson records a song - Sep 06, 2011
- Cheryl Cole named 'Most Photogenic Woman Of All Time' - Jan 14, 2010
- Paris Hilton does a Marilyn Monroe - Aug 11, 2010
- Scarlett Johansson shunned blonde looks due to boredom - Mar 04, 2009
- Audrey Hepburn named Ultimate Screen Beauty - Feb 11, 2009
- Jolie's pout makes her 'Beauty Icon of the Decade' - Dec 29, 2009
- Angelina to play Marilyn? - Aug 17, 2010
Tags: actress marilyn monroe, arthur miller, barbara windsor, brigitte bardot, cameron diaz, charlize theron, denise van outen, goldie hawn, gwen stefani, hair styles and colours, holly willoughby, honor blackman, joanna lumley, olivia newton john, paris hilton, playwright arthur miller, president john f kennedy, scarlett johansson, stevie nicks, tess daly