Monkees to miss Davy Jones’ private funeralMarch 7th, 2012 - 10:16 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Mar 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The family of Davy Jones have chosen to have an ultra private funeral for the late singer. Her former Monkees band mate Micky Dolenz told reporters that the family has not extended invitation to the band members.
Subsequently, the former band mates may not be able to attend the event. Dolenz told the Billboard magazine that, “The family wants to keep it very, very low-key and very, very private. And you can imagine as soon as one or two or any of us were to show up, it would very quickly be degraded.”
Jones died last month in Florida. She was very instrumental in the success of the Monkees in the sixties and the seventies. She was a lead vocal and the youngest band member in the group.
The Monkees were seen as the US version of the Beatles and the group enjoyed great fame in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Dolenz believes that the other surviving members may be interested in doing a memorial concert to honor Jones. The last time that the Monkees toured together was in 1997 but after the concert, guitarist Nesmith told newsmen that the event was the end of the band.
- Monkees star Davy Jones dies at 66 - Mar 01, 2012
- Starship guitarist Mark Abrahamian is dead - Sep 04, 2012
- Rock music facing tough time: Foreigner's Mick Jones (Interview) - Feb 13, 2011
- Metallica planned loud, explosive treat for fans - Oct 29, 2011
- Adam Lambert invited by Queen for performance - Feb 21, 2012
- Kenny Edwards Of 'The Stone Poneys' Passes Away At The Age Of 64 - Aug 20, 2010
- Ozzy Records Lennon's Song 'How' To Mark His 70th Birthday - Oct 08, 2010
- Toploader Unites To Rock Again! - Dec 06, 2010
- 'Rock and Roll Hall of fame' inductees list released - Dec 07, 2011
- Sherbet guitarist Clive Shakespeare dead - Feb 17, 2012
- 12 bands and sounds of new age South Asian music - Dec 05, 2010
- Metal band Korn sweeps Delhi fans off their feet - Sep 06, 2012
- Keith Richards, Macca create musical collaboration - Oct 27, 2010
- Bid to reunite 19 people who watched Beatles' first gig - Mar 17, 2011
- Mitt Romney gives half a million dollars at the Journey Concert - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: band mate, band mates, band member, band members, beatles, billboard magazine, concert guitarist, davy jones, fame, invitation, last time, low key, micky dolenz, monkees, nesmith, newsmen, private funeral, seventies, sixties, united kingdom