Mo’Nique’s brother admits abuseApril 20th, 2010 - 9:18 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
April 20, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Gerald Imes is the brother of American comedienne and actress, Mo’Nique. He has admitted that he had sexually abused his sister when he was thirteen and she was just seven years old. He emerged on The Oprah Winfrey Show to offer his apology to his sister, who is now 42 years old.
Imes expressed regret on the show for betraying the conviction of his sibling. He articulated that he hoped that Mo’Nique forgives him and they get back together as brother and sister. Imes uttered that he himself was molested when he was eleven.
He declared that, to run away from his guilt, he got into drugs and alcohol seriously. He has served 12 years in prison for molesting another person.
Mo’Nique and Gerald’s parents also emerged on the show. Imes stated that he desires that his public admission of guilt will facilitate to repair the crack in his family so that they can be together again.
Mo’Nique acquired an immense amount of recognition in the UPN series The Parkers while making a name for herself as a stand-up comedian. She attained critical acclaim for her character in the film Precious. She obtained copious awards as well as an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, a Screen Actors Guild Award, a Golden Globe Award, and the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Award.
- Mo'Nique upset over molester brother's interview on Oprah - Apr 22, 2010
- Mo'Nique's Brother Admits Sexually Abusing The Actress As A Child - Apr 20, 2010
- Mo'Nique's brother confesses that he sexually abused her - Apr 20, 2010
- Mo'Nique wins best supporting actress Oscar - Mar 08, 2010
- Mo'nique's 'open marriage' - Mar 06, 2010
- Mo'Nique to announce Oscar nominations this year - Jan 05, 2011
- 'Precious' star supports Sandra Bullock (Lead) - Mar 24, 2010
- Mo'Nique wins the Best Supporting Actress Award at the 82nd Academy Awards - Mar 08, 2010
- 'The Hurt Locker' sets records at 82nd Academy Awards (Roundup) - Mar 08, 2010
- 'The Hurt Locker' wins six awards at BAFTAs - Feb 22, 2010
- Mo'Nique Says She Is Part Of An Open Marriage - Mar 06, 2010
- Sapphire, The Author Of The Award Winning Film 'Precious' Sells The Sequel Novel - Nov 13, 2010
- 'Precious' star offers support to Sandra Bullock - Mar 24, 2010
- Stephanie Mills Becomes The Hot Search On Internet - Jan 15, 2010
- Screen Actors Guild Awards 2010: Much Like The Golden Globes - Jan 24, 2010
Tags: actors guild award, admission of guilt, best supporting actress, british academy, brother and sister, drugs and alcohol, film and television, golden globe award, imes, men at work, mo nique, oprah winfrey, parkers, pen men, public admission, screen actors guild, screen actors guild award, stand up comedian, television arts, upn series