Monica Bellucci, new face of Dolce & Gabbana make-upFebruary 18th, 2012 - 7:57 am ICT by IANS
London, Feb 18 (IANS) Actress Monica Bellucci has been named the new face of Dolce & Gabbana make-up. She will launch her own limited-edition lipstick range with the brand as part of the association.
The 47-year-old, who appeared in Dolce & Gabbana’s spring-summer 2012 campaign, will join the likes of Scarlett Johansson and Felicity Jones in representing the Italian fashion house’s cosmetics, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“We love Monica and have worked with her many times over the past 20 years. Her beauty is timeless. She expresses the Dolce & Gabbana woman perfectly,” said Domenico Dolce.
Stefano Gabbana added: “She is ravishing - a true Italian icon.”
Bellucci’s limited-edition range with the brand will be called Monica Lipstick Collection. She is ecstatic.
“I’m delighted to be collaborating with Domenico and Stefano on Dolce & Gabbana The Make Up. I have always adored the aesthetic of Dolce & Gabbana and it’s so exciting to be involved with their creative process,” she said.
- D&G bosses accused of tax fraud - Nov 22, 2010
- Dolce and Gabbana honour Naomi Campbell - Sep 23, 2010
- Domenico Dolce floored by Scarlett's beauty - Mar 03, 2009
- Dolce & Gabbana design suits for soccer team - Jul 30, 2010
- Dolce & Gabbana to sue jewellery retailer - Mar 31, 2012
- Madonna's boyfriend the new face of Dolce & Gabbana - Jun 19, 2009
- Scarlett Johansson apes Marilyn Monroe for D&G ad - Jan 19, 2009
- Domenico Dolce, Stefano Gabbana gush over Justin Bieber's style - Apr 12, 2011
- Wilkinson urges Johansson to stop making ads - Feb 22, 2012
- Monica Bellucci back in shape despite giving birth last month - Jun 22, 2010
- Freida Pinto gets new guardian angel - Mar 02, 2011
- Madonna does the washing up for Dolce & Gabbana! - Dec 17, 2009
- D&G happy to dress Bieber for premiere - Feb 22, 2011
- 'Global brands can generate jobs in India' (With Image) - May 21, 2012
- Madonna designs D&G sunglasses - Mar 16, 2010
Tags: actress, cosmetics, creative process, dolce gabbana, domenico dolce, fashion house, felicity jones, femalefirst, italian fashion, limited edition, lipstick, london feb, monica bellucci, new face, scarlett johansson, spring summer, stefano gabbana