Molly Ringwald’s New Book UnveiledApril 28th, 2010 - 8:07 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Apr 28, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Molly Ringwald, who was labeled as the “teen queen” of the 1980’s, is back with her self-help book titled as “Getting The Pretty Back: Friendship, Family and Finding The Perfect Lipstick”. The book which hit the stores on Tuesday, supposedly deals with small tips on lifestyle for those who have just turned 40. The 42-year-old and mother of three, Molly Ringwald is apparently a self-help book. According to reports, the book contains fashion tips, relationship advices and personal guidance and grapevines.
Molly Ringwald, who can be also seen on the teen soap “The Secret Life Of The American Teenager” had enjoyed a fair amount of success in the 1980’s, especially because of her incredible performances in the John Hughes movies. According to sources, the Molly Ringwald’s book maintains a conversational tone and is supported by hordes of illustrations. Sources reveal that the book also contains a poem by her husband.
When asked about the motive of penning down a “self-help” book instead of an autobiography, Molly Ringwald said that she wishes that every woman who reads her book to become “funniest, sexiest and best-dressed and the most confident” woman. Molly Ringwald has reportedly used her past experiences while writing the book. Her career took a major slump in the late 80’s and she moved to France. The relocation was also because of the fact that she wanted to keep herself aloof from the spotlight. The book dwells with all these problems that one faces on the verge of aging.
Molly Ringwald has also appeared in TV series such as “Different Strokes” and the “Facts Of Life” but she is best known for her roles in John Hughes movies like “Sixteen Candles” and “Pretty in Pink”.
- Molly Ringwald launches her new book - 'Getting the Pretty Back; Friendship, Family and Finding the Perfect Lipstick' - Apr 28, 2010
- Molly Ringwald's New Book Out - Apr 28, 2010
- Ringwald, Hughes had 20 yr talk-not? - Aug 14, 2009
- John Hughes: A Final Tribute - Aug 08, 2009
- Oscars Pay Tribute To John Hughes - Mar 08, 2010
- Student is youngest British woman to climb Everest - May 22, 2012
- John Hughes Remembered At 2010 Oscars - Mar 09, 2010
- Schwarzenegger's daughter to release self-help book - Sep 11, 2010
- US director John Hughes passes away at 59 - Aug 07, 2009
- Writer, director John Bueller dies at 59 - Aug 07, 2009
- Drew Barrymore to direct her second movie - 'How to be Single' - Mar 17, 2011
- Judd Nelson Pays Tribute To John Hughes - Mar 08, 2010
- The Memoir Of Kendra Wilkinson - Jul 07, 2010
- Molly Sims slams Heidi Montag in an interview with the Health Magazine - Aug 18, 2010
- 'Sex and the City' author shading new book with glimpses of India - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: american teenager, confident woman, conversational tone, different strokes, facts of life, fashion tips, friendship family, grapevines, hordes, john hughes movies, lipstick, molly ringwald, personal guidance, pretty in pink, relationship advices, self help book, sexiest, sixteen candles, teen queen, teen soap