Moderate quake hits India, Afghanistan and PakistanSeptember 7th, 2008 - 12:55 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept.7 (ANI) A 5.6-magnitude earthquake jolted parts of India, Afghanistan and Pakistan on Saturday.
The quake struck Afghanistans Hindukush region near the border with Pakistan, the United States Geological Survey (USGS) said. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
The epicentre of the tremor was 66 kilometers south of Faizabad and it struck at a depth of 174 kilometers.
Met Office reports in Pakistan said that the jolts measured 5.5 on the Richter scale and the epicentre was 355 km northwest of Islamabad. (ANI)
- Quake jolts India-Myanmar border - Jul 15, 2012
- Strong quake hits Norwegian Sea: USGS - May 25, 2012
- Quake hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north India (Lead) - Sep 18, 2010
- Tremors rock Kashmir Valley, northwest Pakistan (Third Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Temblor shakes Kashmir, Pakistan, Afghanistan; no loss of life (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2011
- Quake hits Afghanistan - Sep 18, 2010
- 4.5-magnitude quake hits China - Nov 02, 2011
- 7.3 magnitude earthquake strikes Fiji - Sep 16, 2011
- Moderate tremors felt in north India (Lead) - Mar 21, 2011
- 7-magnitude quake rocks Myanmar (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Strongest earthquake in years hits northwest of Norway, no damage - May 25, 2012
- Strong quake jolts Mexico - Mar 21, 2012
- 5.6-magniude quake jolts Pakistan - Mar 21, 2011
- 5.4-magnitude quake hits northwest Pakistan (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- Strong earthquake hits deep underneath northern Argentina - May 29, 2012