‘Mod’ is my first love story: Nagesh KukunoorAugust 3rd, 2011 - 4:06 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 3 (IANS) Director Nagesh Kuknoor, who was sure not to make a love story ever, proved himself wrong by making “Mod”. He says it was the story of the film that compelled him to venture into it.
“‘Mod’ is my first love story. I had always said I would never make a love story but here I did find something worth telling,” Kukunoor told reporters at the launch of the first look of the film here Tuesday.
“Mod” identifies with his critically acclaimed film “Dor”, Kukunoor revealed.
“‘Mod’ returns to the space I dealt with and enjoyed a lot of success of ‘Dor’. Not only the three-letter name but also I used the tag line of ‘Dor’ that says ‘how far you can go to save your love’,” said Kukunoor.
The director’s last films - “Aashayein”, “8X10 Tasveer” and “Bombay to Bangkok” failed at the box office.
Starring Ayesha Takia and MTV VJ Rannvijay, “Mod” is a love story between two very, very unlikely people, set at the backdrop of a small hill station.
“Usually I like to set up my stories in these little towns, a kind of utopian India where everyone is nice and everything is fine.”
“Ayesha runs a small clock repairing shop where she meets the stranger Rannvijay, who every day turns up with some problem of his wrist watch and there stars a quirky love story, which takes a dramatic turn.”
“There are number of layers in the story, which peel out as the film proceeds, but ultimately it’s a love story,” said Kukunoor.
- I took break to plan my future: Ayesha - Aug 03, 2011
- 'Mod' will now release Oct 14 - Sep 28, 2011
- I stay away from formulas: Nagesh Kukunoor (Interview) - Oct 01, 2011
- It's Kukunoor Movies again, for better connect - Aug 26, 2011
- Without big stars, one always struggles: Nagesh Kukunoor - Jan 26, 2012
- Nagesh Kukunoor wants challenge of different genres - Sep 20, 2011
- Kukunoor's 'Mod' like a gentle sonnet (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***1/2) - Oct 14, 2011
- I'm unambitious, says actress Ayesha Takia - Sep 08, 2012
- I'm itching to act again: Nagesh Kukunoor (Interview) - Aug 22, 2010
- Interview with Nagesh Kukunoor - Aug 28, 2010
- Kuknoor says no movie on Telengana issue right now - Dec 14, 2011
- John turns compulsive gambler in 'Aashayein' (IANS Preview) - Aug 24, 2010
- John Abraham talks about forthcoming flick 'Aashayein' - Jul 29, 2010
- John gets steamy with co-star in 'Aashayein' - Aug 20, 2010
- Director's Motive Behind The Steamy Scene In Aashayein - Aug 22, 2010
Tags: ayesha takia, backdrop, bangkok, bombay, box office, clock, films, first love, launch, love story, mtv, mtv vj, mumbai, nagesh kukunoor, proceeds, rannvijay, stranger, tag line, utopian, wrist watch