Mobile of cop snooping surrogate mum of Sarah Jessica Parker’s twins seizedJune 22nd, 2009 - 5:58 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 22 (ANI): A cell phone, which belonged to a police officer involved in the tabloid scam to snoop on the surrogate mother of Sarah Jessica Parker’s unborn twin daughters, has reportedly been confiscated.
According to reports, officials in Ohio have seized Martins Ferry Police Chief Barry Carpenter’s phone after learning he used it to take photos of the inside of the surrogate mum’s home.
A source has told TMZ.com that the cop allegedly took 15 pictures after he agreed to pry on the woman for a U.S. tabloid reporter.
Carpenter has insisted that he and a fellow officer were only messing with the National Enquirer journalist, and he is “100 per cent” innocent of any crime.
However, the cop has admitted that he had once stepped into the surrogate’s home in Martins Ferry, when he found her front door open during a routine house call.
But he claimed that he left the property with empty hands after checking everything was fine.
Meanwhile, National Enquirer editors have insisted that they had no knowledge of the snoop deal.
Parker and her husband Matthew Broderick have released a joint statement in regard to the investigation.
“Matthew and Sarah Jessica have complete faith in the legal system. But because it’s a criminal investigation - we will not be making any more comment. What I can say is the entire family looks forward to the healthy delivery of their daughters later on this summer,” Contactmusic quoted them as saying in the statement.
The stars are expecting twins via the surrogate mother this summer. (ANI)
- Police chief sentenced in Sarah Jessica Parker baby case - Jan 01, 2010
- Sarah Jessica Parker surrogate burglar jailed - Dec 31, 2009
- Two US cops in Parker, Broderick snooping case charged - Aug 01, 2009
- Photos were stolen, claims surrogate mom of Parker's twins - Nov 20, 2009
- Sarah Jessica Parker Moving? - Jun 20, 2010
- Sarah Jessica Parker planning more kids - Apr 28, 2010
- Parker tackles working mom blues - Aug 23, 2011
- Kids can be distracting: Parker - Dec 06, 2011
- Parker's son wants to act - Aug 23, 2011
- Parker worried about parenthood - Sep 16, 2011
- Parker relies on babysitter - May 17, 2011
- Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick welcome twin girls - Jun 24, 2009
- How Sarah Jessica Parker juggles career and family - Jan 02, 2010
- Parker preserve bags for daughters - May 15, 2012
- Parker wants family time on New Year's Eve - Dec 30, 2011
Tags: barry carpenter, cell phone, cop, criminal investigation, editors, empty hands, expecting twins, fellow officer, house call, husband matthew, journalist, matthew broderick, national enquirer, police chief, police officer, regard, sarah jessica parker, surrogate mother, tabloid reporter, twin daughters