MJ’s picture on Pepsi campaignMay 5th, 2012 - 8:04 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 5 (IANS) Late singer Michael Jackson’s image will be used to front a new advertising campaign for Pepsi.
The soft drinks firm has agreed a deal with the singer’s estate to use his image in a new global marketing push.
Consumers in the US and China will be the first to see the campaign. It will be pushed out in varying forms to around 25 countries throughout the year, reports aceshowbiz.com.
The initial push, supplemented by a TV advertisement will see the company release collectable blue cans bearing an image of the late King of Pop.
Customers will be able to scan codes on the cans with their phones to download remixed tracks from Jakcson’s album “Bad”, which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.
The singer famously shot a commercial for Pepsi in 1984. It had resulted in an on-set accident, during which his hair caught fire when a spark from a pyrotechnics display landed on his head.
He suffered severe burns and it has been claimed that his painkiller addiction stemmed from the incident. Jackson died in June 2009.
- Michael Jackson's family upset over American Idol comment on him - Apr 01, 2011
- Bieber pays tribute to Michael Jackson - Apr 11, 2012
- Freddie Mercury to come alive at Queen show - May 13, 2012
- Footage of MJ's fire accident that left him hooked on painkillers emerges - Jul 16, 2009
- Eminem most popular on Facebook - Mar 16, 2011
- Fans can visit Michael Jackson's grave: Randy Jackson - Jun 06, 2010
- Pepsi has no idea where MJ's 'fire accident' footage came from - Jul 18, 2009
- Miley Cyrus' racy photos leaked online - May 18, 2011
- Madonna's naked photo to fetch 5,000 pounds? - Apr 25, 2012
- Gaga turns alien for 'Men In Black 3' - Apr 20, 2012
- Gaga turns music director for Mugler's fashion show - Jan 18, 2011
- MJ's close pals claim he was not a paedophile, homosexual - Jun 28, 2010
- Bieber shaves head post April Fool prank - Apr 02, 2012
- Hilary Swank sues home-audio firm - May 15, 2012
- Cyrus enjoys free hamburger meal - Jun 30, 2012
Tags: 25th anniversary, advertising campaign, cans, china, consumers, king of pop, michael jackson, mj, new advertising, new global marketing, painkiller addiction, pepsi, pepsi campaign, pyrotechnics display, severe burns, singer michael jackson, soft drinks, tv advertisement