MJ’s mum, ex-wife to split child psychologist bill under new custody dealJuly 31st, 2009 - 12:50 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, July 31 (ANI): Late King of Pop Michael Jackson’s ex-wife, Debbie Rowe, and mother, Katherine, will be splitting the cost of a child psychologist as part of a new custody agreement.
Katherine’s lawyer, L. Londell MCMillan, revealed on Thursday morning that the agreement between the two parties will see the 79-year-old become the legal youngster’s legal guardian, while Rowe will receive visitation rights.
The lawyer further revealed that the deal did not provide for any additional financial support for Rowe, and that she would be expected to split bills for a child psychologist who will determine when and how often she will have access to the children.
“The timing, frequency and manner of visits shall be implemented according to the best interests of the children, as determined by a child psychologist selected jointly, and paid jointly, by Katherine Jackson and Deborah Rowe,” Contactmusic quoted an official statement released by Katherine Jackson’s attorneys as saying.
“Mrs. Jackson and the family are pleased this matter is resolved and was handled in a caring, thoughtful and courteous manner by the parties and their representatives.
“We were all united in our goals to do what is best for Michael’s wonderful children, and both Mrs. Jackson and Debbie Rowe were on the exact same page,” the statement added.
The ‘Thriller’ hitmaker’s will, filed in 2002, stipulates he wanted his mother to care for his children in the event of his death, and names singer Diana Ross as his second-choice guardian.
His kids-Prince Michael, 12, Paris, 11, and seven-year-old Prince Michael II, aka Blanket-have been left in the care of their grandmother Katherine since the sudden death of their father last month.
Rowe is the biological mother to Michael’s two eldest children. The youngest child, Blanket, was born via an unknown surrogate. (ANI)
- Katherine seeks joint guardianship of MJ's kids - Jul 29, 2012
- MJ's ex-wife looking after his children - Jun 28, 2010
- Sexless Jackson not father of children Prince and Paris - Jun 29, 2009
- MJ's eldest sister to raise his kids? - Jul 24, 2009
- Jackson's mother granted custody of kids - Aug 04, 2009
- Jackson's parents file for kids' guardianship - Jun 30, 2009
- 'First meeting with Debbie Rowe was special', says MJ's mum - Jun 28, 2010
- Mum Katherine Jackson wants to rewrite son's will: MJ executors - Jul 30, 2009
- Diana Ross to sign off the custody of Michael Jackson's kids - Aug 01, 2012
- Jackson family in court battle over will - Aug 04, 2009
- MJ's mother seeks info on estate - Jul 30, 2009
- Deal over MJ kids' custody will be struck within days, says pal - Jul 19, 2009
- Jackson's mother to get custody of his children - Jul 31, 2009
- Katherine Jackson says she was on short vacation - Jul 27, 2012
- Happy to be with kids: Katherine - Aug 04, 2009
Tags: biological mother, child psychologist, courteous manner, custody agreement, debbie rowe, deborah rowe, diana ross, eldest children, katherine jackson, king of pop, legal guardian, londell mcmillan, mother katherine, mrs jackson, old prince, paris 11, pop michael jackson, prince michael, visitation rights, wife debbie