MJ’s mother to seek control of his estateAugust 3rd, 2009 - 7:36 pm ICT by IBNS
Aug 3, (IBNS) Michael Jackson’s monther Katherine will return to court to seek control over his late son’s estate.
Kathrine will appear before the same judge, who will also award here the permanent guardianship of Michael’s three children.
The CNN reported on Monday that Katherine has accused the executors of her son’s estate of “keeping her in the dark.” The case will be heard in a Los Angeles court where the judge will consider the Katherine challenge of the singer’s long time attorney John Brancaa and former music executive John McClain, named as executors in Michael’s will.
Last week Katherine’s lawyer filed a petition accusing the executors, who now control the estate, of being “intent on keeping her in the dark” about deals they’ve made or are negotiating.
Katherine’s lead attorney Londell McMillan has raised questions about a suspicious relationships involving Branca and McClain.
Howard Weitzman, one of the lawyers for Branca and McClain, said that his clients have provided regular information to Katherine’s counsel regarding potential business opportunities for the Estate.”
“Any inference that we have not been forthcoming in providing information to Katherine Jackson’s attorneys is not accurate,” Weitzman was quoted as saying by CNN.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff ordered that Branca and McClain will have temporary control of the estate until Monday’s hearing.
Katherine has asked the judge to order Branca, McClain and others to answer questions under oath about their business agreements to find if they are “fit and able” to run the estate.
- MJ's mum seeks information on estate from current executors - Jul 29, 2009
- MJ's mother seeks info on estate - Jul 30, 2009
- MJ's family file secret document against his lawyer - Oct 03, 2009
- MJ's mom withdraws petition to take control of son's estate - Aug 05, 2009
- MJ's mother Katherine wants to challenge named estate executors' authority - Jul 19, 2009
- Jackson family in court battle over will - Aug 04, 2009
- Jackson's mother granted custody of kids - Aug 04, 2009
- MJ's three children granted legal representation - Aug 13, 2009
- Judge gives Jackson's mother custody of his children - Aug 04, 2009
- MJ's estate 'pleased' after Discovery axed star's autopsy film - Jan 01, 2011
- Mum Katherine Jackson wants to rewrite son's will: MJ executors - Jul 30, 2009
- Jacko's mother no longer administrator of his estate - Jul 07, 2009
- Joe Jackson not treated with respect in MJ probate case: Lawyer - Aug 17, 2010
- Discovery postpones Jackson's autopsy show - Jan 02, 2011
- MJ estate calls Discovery Channel's autopsy show 'distasteful' - Dec 30, 2010
Tags: angeles superior court, branca, business agreements, business opportunities, cnn, executors, guardianship, howard weitzman, ibns, inference, judge mitchell, katherine jackson, kathrine, londell mcmillan, los angeles superior court, michael jackson, mj, monther, music executive, superior court judge