MJ’s estate ‘pleased’ after Discovery axed star’s autopsy filmJanuary 1st, 2011 - 5:24 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 1 (ANI): The co-executors of Michael Jackson’s estate has expressed their gratitude to Discovery Channel for dropping a documentary from their UK schedule that was to feature a reenactment of Michael Jackson’s autopsy.
Co-executors John Branca and John McClain think the channel did the right thing.
“The co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson are pleased that Discovery Channel made the correct decision in choosing to cancel this exploitative program,” TMZ quoted a rep for co-executors as saying.
The co-executors went on to say they feel Michael’s fans played a large role in Discovery’s decision.
“While Discovery cited legal proceedings and our request as the reasons for its decision, none of this would have happened had it not been for the incredible passion displayed by countless Michael Jackson fans worldwide who knew they stood as one and that their voices could not be ignored,” they said.
As for any future plans to air the show, Branca and McClain said, “We are hopeful that this show will never run in any market in the future.” (ANI)
- MJ estate calls Discovery Channel's autopsy show 'distasteful' - Dec 30, 2010
- Discovery postpones Jackson's autopsy show - Jan 02, 2011
- Discovery cancels 'Michael Jackson's Autopsy' documentary - Jan 01, 2011
- Spike Lee's MJ documentary in post production - Jul 10, 2012
- Discovery Channel Slammed By Michael Jackson’s Coroner - Dec 31, 2010
- Joe Jackson not treated with respect in MJ probate case: Lawyer - Aug 17, 2010
- MJ's family file secret document against his lawyer - Oct 03, 2009
- MJ's mother Katherine wants to challenge named estate executors' authority - Jul 19, 2009
- MJ's mother seeks info on estate - Jul 30, 2009
- Jacko's mother no longer administrator of his estate - Jul 07, 2009
- Now Michael Jackson's second will emerges - Jul 07, 2009
- Mum Katherine Jackson wants to rewrite son's will: MJ executors - Jul 30, 2009
- MJ's mother to seek control of his estate - Aug 03, 2009
- Jackson family in court battle over will - Aug 04, 2009
- Michael Jackson's will published here - Jul 02, 2009