MJ’s doc denies surrender claimsFebruary 4th, 2010 - 3:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, February 4 (ANI): A spokeswoman for Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson’s personal doctor facing manslaughter charges, has dismissed rumours claiming the medic is due to surrender before the police.
Murray has been at the centre of the investigation probing the singer’s death on June 25 last year after he confessed administering the powerful sedative propofol to Jackson hours before his death.
The Los Angeles County coroner ruled Jackson’s death as a homicide, concluding the King of Pop died from “acute propofol intoxication” combined with sedatives, reports the Daily Star.
Recent reports alleged Murray, who has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing, had jetted into Los Angeles to turn himself in before officials.
But Murray’s representative Miranda Sevcik has denied the story, insisting her client has not been asked to surrender and was co-operating with the authorities in with their investigation.
She told the New York Daily News: “He is in Los Angeles to meet with his legal team, take care of some family business and continue to co-operate with law enforcement.
“There has been no specific request from officials for his presence. The district attorney might have a plan, but they aren’t telling us. But as we’ve said from the beginning, any time (prosecutors) want us at the courthouse, say the word and we’ll co-operate.” (ANI)
Tags: district attorney, family business, homicide, intoxication, king of pop, los angeles county, los angeles county coroner, manslaughter charges, medic, mj, new york daily news, personal doctor, propofol, prosecutors, sedative, sedatives, sevcik, spokeswoman, wrongdoing, york daily news