MJ was afraid that he was gonna end up like my father: Lisa Marie PresleyOctober 22nd, 2010 - 5:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 22 (ANI): Michael Jackson’s ex-wife Lisa Marie Presley has revealed that the King Of Pop always feared of dying in the similar way her father Elvis Presley passed away.
Jackson constantly told her of his fears when the two were married in the mid-1990s.
Presley was chilled when she heard the King of Pop had died from an overdose of powerful anaesthetic Propofol last year (Jun09) - because in many ways the tragedy mirrored that of her father’s passing in 1977.
And her ex-husband’s fateful words came back to haunt her.
“When I was watching the footage of the ambulance backing out of the driveway, I went back to this conversation I had with him (Jackson) at Neverland in the library; we were sitting by the fire,” the Daily Express quoted her as saying in TV chat with Oprah Winfrey.
“He was telling me that he was afraid that he was gonna end up like my father. He was always asking me about when he died and how it happened,” she said.
And Presley still can’t believe how many similarities there are in the drug-related deaths of the two men she loved: “Down to the play-by-play-by-play incident, it was identical.
“It really blows me away to be honest with you. I still try to figure out what is it that I had to go through it twice, where these two incredible people… had the same fate. What is it about me? I went through it once and that was painful and I went thought it again and I don’t quite understand it,” she added. (ANI)
- Murray 'ordered over 250 vials of Propofol in months before MJ's death' - Jan 11, 2011
- Jackson voted greatest singer of all time - Jun 22, 2011
- Jackson's doctor gets four-year jail term - Nov 30, 2011
- Paltrow's role in 'Country Strong' based on Spears, MJ - Jan 07, 2011
- Presley 'could have saved ex husband MJ' - Oct 21, 2010
- Doctor admits he gave powerful anaesthetic before Jackson died - Oct 08, 2011
- MJ 'died long before he reached hospital' - Jan 08, 2011
- Jackson's family allowed to sue concert organisers - Feb 04, 2011
- Michael Jackson slept with eyes open? - Apr 12, 2010
- Lisa Marie Presley still haunted by MJ's death - Oct 21, 2010
- Michael Jackson's personal physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
- Thousands of sunflowers for Michael Jackson's tomb - May 15, 2010
- I didn't understand my relationship with MJ, says ex-wife Lisa Marie - Oct 22, 2010
- Murrey wants new prison - Jun 19, 2012
- Michael Jackson doctor found guilty of manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
Tags: ambulance, anaesthetic, daily express, drug related deaths, elvis presley, fate, fateful words, fears, king of pop, lisa marie, lisa marie presley, michael jackson, mid 1990s, neverland, oprah winfrey, play by play, sitting by the fire, tragedy, two men, wife lisa