MJ mimic says album he recorded is being passed off as late singer’sNovember 23rd, 2010 - 6:36 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 23 (ANI): A man has come forward to claim that songs he recorded mimicking Michael Jackson are now being passed off as being the late singer’s voice on a new blockbuster album.
Ricky Galliano, 27, said he was paid a lot of money to copy MJ’s style on 21 tracks that had been recorded in secret sessions at a Swiss studio.
Galliano, who met Jackson several times before his death aged 50 in June 2009, said a go-between who he thinks was from Bahrain summoned him to studios in Lausanne in October.
He said the man, who was flanked by bodyguards and lawyers, paid him 2000 euros up front for each song recorded.
“They were most insistent that I make my voice sound as much like Michael’s as possible - to mimic him exactly,” the Sun quoted him as saying.
Studio owner Mohammed Ben Salah said he was told the songs were for a Jackson tribute disc.
Jackson’s family members had said they also believe a fake voice was used for the Christmas release called Michael.
But music giant Sony dismissed the claims as “far fetched” and said they went to “extraordinary lengths” to ensure the vocals are genuine.
A Sony spokesman said six of Jackson’s former producers and engineers heard the album tracks and confirmed it was “definitely” his voice. (ANI)
- Mimic fears Jackson album is fake - Nov 23, 2010
- Sony dismisses Katherine Jackson's 'fake MJ album' claim - Nov 05, 2010
- Michael Jackson's "Breaking News" Lands Into Controversy - Nov 09, 2010
- Family unhappy with the release of MJ's 'new' album - Nov 06, 2010
- Michael Jackson's new song not fake: Sony - Nov 09, 2010
- Some songs on MJ's new album are bogus, says Randy - Nov 19, 2010
- MJ's single with Akon releasing Monday - Nov 12, 2010
- Michael Jackson: Did Sony Use Fake Voice For ‘Breaking News’ - Nov 12, 2010
- Michael Jackson's New Song "Breaking News" Released - Nov 08, 2010
- Jackson's posthumous album due in December - Nov 07, 2010
- MJ's kids claim voice in new album is not their dad's - Nov 02, 2010
- Michael Jackson's Album Is Fake! - Nov 09, 2010
- "Hold My Hand" From Michael Jackson's Posthumous Album Officially Released - Nov 16, 2010
- New Michael Jackson album to be relased in December - Nov 06, 2010
- MJ's mum 'didn't leak his new song' - Nov 08, 2010
Tags: blockbuster, bodyguards, christmas release, family members, galliano, giant sony, lausanne, lawyers, michael jackson, mimicking, mohammed, producers, ricky, salah, secret sessions, several times, sony, sony spokesman, tribute, voice sound