MJ killed himself by mistake with drug overdose, claims personal doc

August 30th, 2009 - 12:21 pm ICT by ANI  

Michael Jackson London, August 30 (ANI): Michael Jackson accidentally took his own life by administering an overdose of anaesthetic on himself, his personal physician will reportedly claim.

Dr Conrad Murray and his legal team will allegedly defend themselves claiming the King of Pop topped up his own drip with powerful sedative Propofol.

Murray, who is at the centre of a manslaughter probe, previously confessed hooking up the insomniac star to a drip with the drug to help him sleep, reports the News of the World.

The medic alleged he administered just 25 milligrams of Propofol into the bloodstreamof the singer.

He will purportedly claim that Jackson later re-set the machine to increase the dosage that sent him into a cardiac arrest.

Medical experts have, however, cast a shadow of doubt over Murray’s claims, saying 25mgs of Propofol would not have been enough to put Jackson to sleep for sometime.

Dr Kathleen London, a US family practice physician, said: “Murray says he only gave 25mgs of Propofol. I don’t believe that. In order to induce sleep, 40mgs is needed.”

The Los Angeles Country Coroner recently ruled Jackson’s death as homicide caused by acute intoxication from Propofol and other conditions. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe