Mithun recalls days of struggleJune 13th, 2012 - 5:04 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 13 (IANS) National Award-winning actor Mithun Chakraborty, who plays the role of grandmaster on dance reality show “Dance India Dance Little Masters” (DID), feels the current lot of youngsters are fortunate to get such a stage to show their skills and says during his time even survival was a struggle.
“When I look at them (the kids), I recall that we did not have such a big stage. It’s an old thing and we should not talk about it again and again, but for us to stay alive was itself a struggle,” said Mithun who celebrated his 65th birthday on the sets of DID.
“We used to think about a meal… then I also used to think if someone has seen me dance, may be I will get a break. I would say that I do not look back, but I still live with it (those days),” he added.
DID season two will go air on Mithun’s birthday, June 16. And will be followed by Father’s Day June 17.
“I am a father of four children and you have to ask them if I am a good father or a bad father. But I think I am a good dad, my whole life now revolves around them. I only wish all my four children become great and settle down,” said Mithun.
Mithun is still very active in both Bollywood and Bengali cinema. He was last seen in “Housefull 2″ and his Bengali film “Nobel Chor” was screened at the BFI London Film Festival last year and also at the 12th Dhaka International Film Festival in January this year.
- Only talent required to fulfil Bollywood dreams: Mithun - Dec 06, 2011
- Off beat films keep me grounded: Mithun - Oct 19, 2011
- Mithun starrer 'Nobel Chor' to be screened at 55th BFI London fest - Sep 07, 2011
- Ranbir gives Bengali a shot (Movie Snippets) - Sep 06, 2012
- Sonam mum on film with Dhanush (Movie Snippets) - Mar 24, 2012
- I still get jitters before my first shot: Mithun - Mar 23, 2012
- Don't insult Indian audience's intelligence: Nikhil Dwivedi (Movie Snippets) - Apr 18, 2012
- Asin's special birthday treat to Mithun (With Image) - Jun 19, 2012
- I'll miss kids watching my film: Chunky Pandey (With Image) - Jul 17, 2012
- My time in Bollywood has just started: John - Apr 02, 2012
- Artists should look for art in rural India: Nageen Tanvir (With Image) - Sep 01, 2012
- Randhir, Rishi Kapoor created nostalgia: Riteish - Mar 24, 2012
- Confident 'Housefull 2' will be a blockbuster: Sajid Khan - Mar 31, 2012
- Family fare pushing out children's films: Nandita Das - Oct 20, 2011
- I am the youngest star in the industry: Mithun Chakraborty - Jul 03, 2010
Tags: 65th birthday, bengali cinema, bengali film, bfi london film festival, bollywood, chor, dad, housefull, India, international film festival, london film festival, masters, mithun chakraborty, nobel, reality show, show dance, struggle, survival, whole life, youngsters