Mithun Is A Disco Dancer!November 4th, 2010 - 9:08 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
November 4, 2010 (Showbiz PR Wire): The legendary Mithun Chakraborthy will next be seen in Rohit Shetty’s Golmaal 3. Mithun is the latest addition to the affable Golmaal team. And from what we hear, he has quite a few surprises in store for the audience.
This piece of news is sure to get everyone excited. For one of the sequences in the film, Mithun will be seen grooving to his famous 80’s track ‘I am a disco dancer’. The track, which was from his blockbuster 1982 film ‘Disco dancer’ had set an altogether new benchmark for the groovy tracks in the disco era. The song till date remains an eternal favourite.
Director Rohit Shetty came up with the idea of featuring Mithun Chakraborthy in a dance number. Since Mithun immortalized the legendary steps in ‘I am a disco dancer’, Rohit thought of incorporating the same song in the film. “It was a pleasure to see dada dance with the same zest and enthusiasm he had during his Disco Dancer days. Dada is truly an eternal Rockstar’” Rohit was heard saying. The song has been set in a similar setting of the 80’s and will be seen in a remixed avatar.
Mithun says, “It was an amazing experience doing this song all over again, there was a sense of deja vu. I enjoyed working with Rohit, he is young, enthusiastic and full of beans. It was a great idea to include the Disco Dancer track because this track had set an altogether new benchmark for the groovy tracks in the disco era. The song is an eternal favourite.”
Even though the original was filmed years ago, everyone on the sets was blown away by the the veteran actor’s moves while filming this one. He performed the song with as much ease and grace as he did in the yesteryears. In addition, when the song was being filmed, Mithun’s energy and the atmosphere on the sets was so eclectic that it translated into a fantastic track that everyone can’t stop raving about. Needless to say, he was showered with praises by the entire team.
The song has been choreographed by Seemaa Desai. Seemaa had this to say, “Mithun da is a choreographer’s delight! His moves are smooth and refined. Besides, there is so much that one can learn from him. I am absolutely glad that I had the pleasure of working with a dancing maestro like him. I look forward to working with him again! I thank Rohit Shetty for giving me this opportunity.”
Well, with our favourite Mithun da getting jiggy in the film, Golmaal 3 just got more exciting! He has once again proved that he is truly the king of dancing!
(A division of Parag Desai Media Group)
–Showbiz PR Wire
- Ajay Praises Rohit! - Oct 22, 2010
- Shreyas Plays Dandiya The Golmaal Way! - Oct 18, 2010
- ‘Golmaal 3’ Team Celebrates Children’s Day With Underprivileged Kids - Nov 17, 2010
- Mithun Chakroborty supports Spain for FIFA - Jun 09, 2010
- Facebook In Golmaal 3 - Oct 30, 2010
- Reshmi Deasi : Mithun Ki Deewani! - Nov 04, 2010
- Guppy Sings To Bappi Da’s Tunes - Dec 03, 2010
- Golmaal 3 Team Celebrates Diwali! - Nov 06, 2010
- Katrina v/s Loveena - Dec 08, 2010
- B Subhash Issues Legal Notice To Golmaal 3, Anjaana Anjaani - Sep 21, 2010
- Golmaal 3 Grosses Rs. 70 Crores In Opening Weekend - Nov 10, 2010
- Press Release: Dodging his way out! - Oct 04, 2010
- No Prob - Mast Punjabi! - Nov 30, 2010
- Tusshar Kapoor plays Dandiya! - Oct 13, 2010
- Only talent required to fulfil Bollywood dreams: Mithun - Dec 06, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,