Mithun Chakraborty wore the same costume day after dayApril 3rd, 2009 - 2:43 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
“Zor Lagaa ke…. Haiya’ is one film that Mithun Chakraborty will not forget in a hurry. Playing the role of a vagabond, in this family entertainer, Mithun Chakraborty wore the same costume day after day and that too, without washing it. Since he plays a beggar, not washing the clothes made them still dirtier which the costume look more authentic.
The producer Kartikeya Talreja says, “though Mithunda loved his role of a homeless vagabond man, one of the main requirements for this character is that he has to look very dirty. Obviously as a homeless beggar, he has no money to take bath daily or go to a barber shop. Hence Mithunda has a long unkempt hair and long beard with only one set of costume throughout the film. It used to irritate him but he was very supportive throughout the film.”
Even putting on his beard was a task and took Vikram Gaikwad almost 2 hours each day to put it on. His character is called Raavan by kids around him.
But all the kids in the film were very happy to be around Mithun Chakraborty and would keep asking him to give them dancing tips.
Produced by Gemini Motion Pictures, “Zor Lagaa ke…. Haiya’ is about a group of children, who treat one tree as their home and play ground. A money-minded construction giant and his contractor want to raze the tree to build a multi storied building over there. With the help of a homeless beggar, they overcome all obstacles to save their tree from being razed.
Its star cast is Mithun Chakraborty, Mahesh Manjrekar, Riya Sen, Sachin Khedekar, Sachin khedekar, Raj Zutshi, Seema Biswas and Gulshan Grover alongwith child artistes Meghan Jadhav, Ayesha Kaduskar, Hardik Thakkar, Ritvik Tyagi and Ashwin Chitale. -Sampurn Media
- 'Zor Lagaa Ke... Haiya' - boring idea, boring treatment (IANS Movie - Rating: **) - Jun 13, 2009
- I'm a very irritating actor: Mithun Chakraborty (Interview) - Jun 03, 2009
- Riya sheds ultra chic image for her next film - Jun 12, 2009
- KKD, ZLKH add on to long list of 2009 flops - Jun 18, 2009
- Music not so zordaar - May 27, 2009
- Dimple warned me that she was a tough actress who would ask me for a retake as and when she did not like my scence- V.K. Prakash - Apr 01, 2010
- I'm arguably Mithun-da's biggest fan: Sajid Khan - Mar 17, 2012
- Reshmi Deasi : Mithun Ki Deewani! - Nov 04, 2010
- Riya gets her hands dirty - Apr 03, 2009
- Eco-friendly entertainment - May 28, 2009
- Off beat films keep me grounded: Mithun - Oct 19, 2011
- Mithun Chakraborty To Be Seen In A ‘Nobel Chor’ Avatar - Nov 11, 2010
- Bollywood producers reach deal with multiplexes, end strike - Jun 05, 2009
- Mimoh signs Bengali film, wants to do more regional movies - Jul 20, 2011
- Dozakh to debut at Lakme Fashion Week - Feb 24, 2012
Tags: ashwin, barber shop, beggar, child artistes, family entertainer, gulshan grover, hardik, hurry, jadhav, mahesh manjrekar, mithun chakraborty, motion pictures, play ground, raj zutshi, riya sen, sachin khedekar, seema biswas, tyagi, unkempt hair, vagabond