Mitch Winehouse in shock over Amy’s deathJuly 2nd, 2012 - 7:50 am ICT by IANS
London, July 2 (IANS) Mitch Winehouse thought he was “actually going insane” when first confronted with the death of his daughter Amy and says he went into complete shock.
“Coming back on the plane, it was awful. It was dreadful. I had my manager Trenton with me, and Amy’s manager Raye. They were very upset, but I was…. I was OK.
“Although I was okay coming on the flight from America, I thought to myself, I am actually going insane. I am actually losing my mind. I could feel myself slipping away,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted him as saying.
Mitch, who looked after his daughter full time, and had helped steer her away from drug addiction, has since set up The Amy Winehouse Foundation to raise money to help struggling young people, and says it has given him the drive and focus to carry on.
“It’s saved my life. Nobody should know what it feels like to lose a child. I lost my dad when I was 16; he was 43. We were very close. But losing a parent is not like losing a child. It’s worse than awful.”
- Sarah is ideal for Amy charity: Mitch Winehouse - Oct 25, 2011
- Hayek wanted to be single parent - Apr 21, 2012
- Amy's dad to share her handwritten notes with fans - Jun 18, 2012
- Amy Winehouse duets with father - Oct 09, 2010
- Beckinsale, a careful mother - Jul 26, 2012
- Winehouse's Camden house up for sale - May 31, 2012
- Winehouse had plans to adopt? - Aug 01, 2011
- Winehouse's father to write Amy's memoir - Oct 12, 2011
- Amy's dad to honour her with a concert - Aug 24, 2011
- Gaultier defends Winehouse-inspired show - May 05, 2012
- Celebs mourn 'incredible talent' Amy Winehouse's death - Jul 24, 2011
- Winehouse dad demands 10 mn pounds from Gaga - Jul 26, 2012
- Jessica Alba is a strict mother - Feb 26, 2012
- Winehouse's unheard album to be released - Nov 01, 2011
- Traviss was never loyal to Winehouse, says his ex - Sep 01, 2010