‘Mission Istanbul’ - all about tough guys and global terrorism (Preview)July 7th, 2008 - 9:38 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 8 (IANS) After the success of “Shootout At Lokhandwala”, Apoorva Lakhia comes with a “tough guys saving the world” movie in “Mission Istanbul” that will release Friday. After dealing with the Mumbai underworld in “Shootout…”, Lakhia takes a look at international terrorism in “Mission Istanbul”. He teams up with Vivek Oberoi, Shabbir Ahluwalia, Shreya Sharan, Zayed Khan, Nikitin Dheer and Shweta Bhardwaj for the action thriller.
The story unfolds through journalist Vikas Sagar (Vivek Oberoi). Owais Husain (Suniel Shetty), head of a controversial Istanbul based news channel, makes Vikas an offer to head the channel and offers him a huge salary and other perks. The offer comes at the right time for Vikas, who is undergoing a painful divorce from Anjali (Shreya Sharan).
But little does he realise that the decision will change his life forever. When he plans to quit the channel, he is reminded by a Turkish commando that others who quit had been bumped off because they knew too much.
True to the genre, the director has packed the film with shootouts and explosions, as also a plethora of stunts.
Produced by Shabbir Boxwala, Suniel Shetty, Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor, “Mission Istanbul” also features Abhishek Bachchan in a special appearance in an item number.
With just two hits, the year has not been fruitful for the box office and so all eyes are set on the film.
- Vivek Oberoi speaks about his upcoming film ''Mission Istanbul'' - Jul 11, 2008
- 'Mission Istanbul' - action-packed terrorism tale (Film Review) - Jul 26, 2008
- Lakhia moves on to comedy with 'Generation X' - Jul 16, 2008
- Mission Istanbul Preview - Jun 12, 2008
- Promotion of Bollywood film 'Mission Istanbul' held in Mumbai - May 29, 2008
- Shabbir Ahluwalia not to quit television for films - Jul 24, 2008
- CCL (Celebrity Cricket League) With Sohail Khan Entertainment Announces The “Mumbai Heroes” - Dec 02, 2010
- 'Shootout at Wadala' my most challenging film: Sanjay Gupta - May 01, 2012
- Sanajay Gupta moves on without Sanjay Dutt! - Mar 01, 2012
- New cop thriller will start in August: Apoorva Lakhia - Jun 06, 2010
- Tusshar's new avatar: Aggressive-funny gangster - May 01, 2012
- Cricket fun, but challenging, say Bollywood actors - Feb 12, 2012
- Sohail Khan's cricket team ready to face southern counterparts - Dec 01, 2010
- Bollywood ups glamour quotient in Chennai at CCL - Feb 12, 2012
- Priyanka not yet confirmed for 'Zanjeer' remake: Apoorva Lakhia - Apr 07, 2012
Tags: abhishek bachchan, action thriller, apoorva lakhia, bhardwaj, commando, ekta kapoor, explosions, global terrorism, husain, international terrorism, nikitin, painful divorce, plethora, shobha, shootouts, shreya sharan, suniel shetty, tough guys, vivek oberoi, zayed khan