Missingmoney.com becomes renownedJuly 14th, 2008 - 11:33 pm ICT by David M N James
Officially endorsed by NAUPA and the participating American states, missing money has become the next sensational free national search for Americans missing money across the United States. This free national search for your missing money or unclaimed property is a great opportunity and is making ripples and success across the Diaspora.
The service is helping locate unclaimed property for Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Alabama, Alaska, Alberta Canada, Arizona, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin. However some states do not currently list all of the unclaimed property in their custody. The website www.missingmoney.com has state addresses to obtain State Unclaimed Property claim forms and to mail the required state documents for Unclaimed Property claims.
About 90% of the American States participate in locating and disbursing missing money or property. Their records are contained in the MissingMoney.com national database. The institution is working with many states to add their data to the MissingMoney.com website.
The web service is easy to use. It has instructions on how to go about the process of locating the lost money or property. It advices that one should go to the advanced search page, then enter the first part of your company name in the last name field (a minimum of 5 characters nust be entered), followed by the wild card symbol ‘%’, (e.g. Laidlaw%). This will then show you up to 200 matches. Try adding either more characters before the ‘%’ symbol or specify the states (up to 4) to search. Clear the checkbox to ‘Search All States’, and enter up to 4 states in the drop down selections below, then press ‘Search Again’ and certainly you’ll find your missing money.
- How To Claim Your Share of $33 Billion Unclaimed Money - May 15, 2010
- $33 billion lying around in unclaimed money in the government treasury - May 14, 2010
- America's $33 Billion In Unclaimed Money: Is Any of it Yours? - May 14, 2010
- Unclaimed Money Worth $33 Billion In American Banks And Governmental Agencies - May 14, 2010
- Unclaimed Money Worth $33 Billion Lying In State Treasuries - May 14, 2010
- Forbes releases the 'best places to retire' list - Mar 31, 2011
- GMA staffers get their unclaimed money back - Aug 26, 2011
- 1.2 mn still 'powerless' in mighty America - Jul 04, 2012
- Meet the happiest man in America - Mar 08, 2011
- Topix.com agrees to change abusive post practices - Aug 09, 2010
- Romney wins six, but fails to deliver a knockout (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Super Tuesday: Contenders share spoils - Mar 07, 2012
- Bipartisan group of U.S. Governors call on Congress to stop EPA regulation of greenhouse gases - Mar 12, 2010
- Storms kill at least 47 across US - Apr 18, 2011
- US Senate race: Democrats, GOP claiming perceived leads, victories - Oct 05, 2010