Miss USA Pageant Sparks ControversyMay 11th, 2010 - 6:01 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
May 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Miss USA beauty pageant has sparked a controversy recently when the pictures of the contestants participating in the pageants this year was released which were considered to be too revealing. Certain reports have claimed that the pageant officials realized that they had attracted the ire of many when the received hostile phone calls with regard to the pictures of the scantily clad photos of the 2010 contestants.
In the pictures that have been released, 51 contestants hailing from the different parts of the United States pose in lingerie, unbuttoned shirts and fishnets in bed or couches, often without wearing any undergarments. The pictures have managed to spark a controversy and debate is raging across various quarters about whether the Miss USA is gradually becoming to racy for the taste. However, officials of the beauty pageant have completely refuted that claims that the pictures featuring the contestants are raunchy in any way and have emphasized that the photos have been shot aesthetically and consequently are extremely ‘tasteful’. A representative of the beauty contest has reportedly revealed to a news source that there is no harm in projecting the fact that these contestants have brains, are smart but do fall behind when it comes to the sexy quotient.
In the meanwhile, owing to the attention that the pictures have generated, pageant owner Donald Trump has come forward to the defend the pictures reiterating that there is nothing indecent about the photos while adding that the pictures featuring the 2010 contestants were indeed ‘pretty wild’. Whether the photos are racy or not depends on individual choices, but one thing is for sure that the controversy has provided huge publicity to the contest which is scheduled to take place on Sunday in Las Vegas.
- Miss USA's contestants' racy black and white promo photos create a buzz - May 11, 2010
- Explicit Photos Of The Contestants Of Miss USA Cause Outrage In Some Quarters - May 15, 2010
- Donald Trump defends risqué Miss USA Pageant photos - May 12, 2010
- Miss Universe 2010 Competition Slammed for Body Paint Controversy - Aug 24, 2010
- Miss Universe 2010 contestants' body-paint photos rake up a controversy - Aug 24, 2010
- Miss USA Rima Fakih embroiled in 'stripper' row - May 18, 2010
- Miss USA Photos Leads To Controversy - May 15, 2010
- "Glee" Star Dianna Agron Offers Apology For Controversial GQ Magazine Photos - Oct 22, 2010
- Share your beauty tips, Vanya urges women (With Images) - Jul 03, 2012
- Miss Michigan Rima Fakih Wins Miss USA Title - May 17, 2010
- Miss USA pageant officials face ire for posting racy pics of 2010 contestants - May 10, 2010
- Miss Maine skips Miss USA Pageant in favor of her sister's wedding - Apr 19, 2011
- Rima Fakih's Pole Dancing Photos Arouse Controversy - May 18, 2010
- Beauty queen disqualified from Miss Florida pageant over porn past - Mar 13, 2011
- Donald Trump advices Carrie Prejean to become porn star - Nov 20, 2009
Tags: beauty contest, brains, choices, controversy, couches, donald trump, fishnets, gina gomez, las vegas, lingerie, miss usa beauty pageant, miss usa pageant, news source, pageant officials, pageants, publicity, quarters, quotient, regard, undergarments