Miss USA 2009 is Kristen Dalton of North CarolinaApril 20th, 2009 - 5:08 pm ICT by GD
Kristen Dalton, Miss North Carolina 2009 has been crowned Miss USA 2009 in a glittering ceremony at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. Miss California USA Carrie Prejean of San Diego was judged firt runner up and Miss Arizona USA Alicia-Minique Blanco of Phoenix was second runner up.
This is not the first crown for the Dalton family of Wilmington, North Carolina. Her mother was Miss North Carolina USA in 1982 and her sister was Miss North Carolina Teen USA in 2008. Kristen is a blue-eyed blond who studied psychology and Spanish at the East Carolina University and she is a motivational speaker. On her winning the crown she said, “It feels really natural. I’ve worked so be here and this has been my lifelong dream and it’s finally here. And whoever knew you could win in a turquoise gown?”
The fifty participating beauties were judged on their performance in swimsuit and evening gowns and their responses to questions asked by the judges on-stage. But unlike the Miss America pageant, Miss USA has no talent round although according to the press release from the Miss USA organization, Dalton is a talented singer and dancer.
The top 15 contestants sashayed down the stage in white string bikinis designed by Jessica Simpson’s swim-wear line as rocker Kevin Rudolf performed “Let it Rock”. The Veronicas performed their hit single “Untouched” as the top 10 girls walked the ramp in their glittering evening gowns. Dalton wore a blue Grecian gown that stood out from a number of white gowns worn by other contestants. As the Miss USA she gets a New York apartment for a year, public relations team, a two-year scholarship at the New York Film Academy and an undisclosed salary.She will also represent USA in the Miss Universe 2009 pageant.
- Miss USA Kristen Dalton joins 'pageantry' - Aug 24, 2009
- Kristen Dalton: Miss USA Fails To Reach The Final Five Of Miss Universe 2009 - Aug 24, 2009
- Miss North Carolina becomes Miss USA 2009 - Apr 20, 2009
- Miss Michigan Rima Fakih Wins Miss USA Title - May 17, 2010
- Kristen Blair Crowned Miss Texas Pageant 2009 - Jul 04, 2009
- Bangalore Based Model Nicole Faria Crowned Miss Earth 2010 - Dec 07, 2010
- Miss Michigan Rima Fakih is 1st Arab-American to win Miss USA pageant - May 17, 2010
- The new 'Miss USA 2010' is Rima Fakih - May 17, 2010
- Miss USA Alexandria Mills Wins Miss World 2010 Pageant - Oct 31, 2010
- Angola's Leila Lopes is Miss Universe 2011 (Lead) - Sep 13, 2011
- Miss Nebraska Teresa Scanlan Crowned Miss America 2011 - Jan 16, 2011
- Miss Maine skips Miss USA Pageant in favor of her sister's wedding - Apr 19, 2011
- Miss Venezuela Stefania Fernandez is Miss Universe 2009 - Aug 24, 2009
- Toronto girl is Miss India-Canada, Lisa Ray honoured (With Image) - Jul 27, 2011
- China's Wen Xia Yu wins Miss World 2012 title, Vanya Mishra loses (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
Tags: dalton family, east carolina university, evening gowns, kristen dalton, minique, miss america pageant, miss california, miss north carolina, miss universe, miss usa, new york apartment, new york film, new york film academy, north carolina usa, planet hollywood resort casino, string bikinis, usa organization, veronicas, wilmington north carolina, winning the crown