Miss Universe Australia denies crown stripping rumoursJune 17th, 2009 - 5:30 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, June 17 (ANI): Miss Universe Australia Rachael Finch has denied rumours that her leaked spat with pageant’s national director could create grounds for her sacking.
The 20-year-old was previously reported to be at the risk of losing her title after details of her letter of complaint to the New York head office of the Miss Universe Organisation was made public.
Finch reportedly claimed she had been pressured by pageant’s national director Deborah Miller into signing an exclusive three-year management contract.
But according to the Daily Telegraph, the Sydney-based model slammed the reports claiming pageant runner-up Jade Russell would be taking over the crown, reports News.com.au.
Finch said: “I have not been replaced and Deb and I are pulling together in a positive direction.”
She added: “For someone to lose their title you have to do something wrong and in my case I haven’t.”
Miller also confirmed that Finch remained the titleholder and would represent Australia at Miss Universe pageant in the Bahamas in August, the Courier-Mail reports.
She said: “Rachael has the full support of Miss Universe Australia, and we will work with her to promote Australia positively on the international platform.” (ANI)
- Miss Universe Australia may lose crown after leaked spat with pageant's national director - Jun 15, 2009
- Oz Miss Universe contender brands her 3yr management contract a 'prison sentence' - Jun 13, 2009
- Speedo dumps Lara Bingle for ex Miss Universe Rachael Finch - Dec 03, 2010
- Stephanie Naumoska in "skinny" controversy - Apr 24, 2009
- Rachael Finch poses nude to aid charity - Dec 21, 2010
- Rachael Finch scared Lara Bingle might steal her boyfriend? - Mar 29, 2011
- Indian hopes dashed at Miss Universe contest - Aug 24, 2009
- Sushmita congratulates Parul for bringing honour to India (With Images) - Dec 28, 2011
- Former Miss Universe Australia looking for a job - Aug 15, 2010
- Miss Venezuela Stefania Fernandez Miss Universe 2009 - Aug 24, 2009
- Miss San Antonio Domonique Ramirez Asked To Drop Her Crown For Weight Gain - Feb 10, 2011
- Jesinta Campbell claims FHM 'has blown up her assets' - Nov 09, 2010
- Lara Bingle fires back after losing Speedo sponsorship - Dec 06, 2010
- Hard work finally paid off: India's Miss Asia Pacific finalist - Oct 17, 2011
- Bangalore Based Model Nicole Faria Crowned Miss Earth 2010 - Dec 07, 2010
Tags: australia, bahamas, courier mail, daily telegraph, deb, deborah miller, finch, international platform, letter of complaint, mail reports, management contract, melbourne, miss universe pageant, national director, news com au, positive direction, risk, rumours, sydney