Miss San Antonio Domonique Ramirez Asked To Drop Her Crown For Weight GainFebruary 10th, 2011 - 9:17 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Feb 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Miss San Antonio Domonique Ramirez is suing the pageant organizers as they want to strip her off her title. Domonique Ramirez said that the pageant organizers asked her to “get off the tacos” as she failed to lose her weight. Moreover, the organizers also said that she has gained excessive weight and the beauty pageant winner shows up late at the events which has tarnished the image of her role. Moreover, 2010 first runner-up, Ashley Dixon has been named as the new winner of San Antonio beauty pageant. However, on Tuesday, the beauty queen managed to get a temporary restraining order from the Bexar County court till the end of this month.
The lawsuit of Domonique Ramirez has been posted online by a reputed media outlet. In the lawsuit it is written that Caroline Flores, then new Executive Director of the beauty pageant was “unrelenting in her criticisms and attacks on” the Miss San Antonio. The lawsuit also claims that the organizers did not provide her a chaperone and transport to events and as a result she used to get late in the events. On the other hand, Caroline Flores said that Domonique Ramirez is “unfit for a Miss San Antonio”.
However, the pageant winner said that she has turned up on every event but may have been 5 or 10 minutes late to some because she did not have a “chaperone”. Pageant spokesman Linda Woods said that the organizers always give an option to have drivers and Domonique Ramirez refused to take any driver as she said her mother would drive and as a result she used to be half an hour late in some events. Linda Woods also said that as she is the “Miss San Antonio reigning queen”, she would have to “live up to our rules and regulations and the standards” of the contract.
- US beauty queen sues after she loses crown 'for failing to lose weight' - Feb 10, 2011
- Size two ex-Miss San Antonio accused of eating too many tacos - Mar 19, 2011
- Beauty queen gets back her Miss San Antonio crown after suing organisers - Mar 25, 2011
- Mexican beauty rips pageant organisers over weight issue - Aug 03, 2011
- Sushmita congratulates Parul for bringing honour to India (With Images) - Dec 28, 2011
- Israeli pageant crowns Miss Holocaust Survivor - Jun 29, 2012
- Toronto girl is Miss India-Canada, Lisa Ray honoured (With Image) - Jul 27, 2011
- Alyse Eady Named Miss Arkansas 2010 - Jul 18, 2010
- Miss USA Alexandria Mills Wins Miss World 2010 Pageant - Oct 31, 2010
- I'm focussed on Miss World title: Vanya Mishra - Jun 23, 2012
- Mexican Beauty Jimena Navarrete Crowned Miss Universe 2010 - Aug 24, 2010
- Miss USA Rima Fakih's Dream To Win Miss Universe 2010 Pageant Ends - Aug 24, 2010
- (after 1)International titles evade Indian girls -- wonder why? - Sep 14, 2011
- Beauty queen disqualified from Miss Florida pageant over porn past - Mar 13, 2011
- Fiji gets new Indian beauty queen - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: ashley, beauty pageant, beauty queen, bexar county, chaperone, dixon, domonique, executive director, gina gomez, half an hour, linda woods, organizers, san antonio, spokesman, tacos, temporary restraining order, weight gain