Miss Maine skips Miss USA Pageant in favor of her sister’s weddingApril 19th, 2011 - 11:48 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, April 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) When Miss Maine USA got the chance to choose between attending her sister’s wedding and contesting for Donald Trump’s Miss USA Pageant, she chose the former.
By choosing to attend her sister’s wedding, Emily Johnson has been stripped of her title and her prize. She is however not obliged to return the crown that she was given. Maine says the runner up in the state contest will now represent the state during the pageant in June.
June is not the month that the event is mainly held. However due to some circumstances, the organizers have moved the pageant to the summer. Johnson says the weekend that the event has been fixed clashes with her sister’s wedding so she would have to ditch the pageant for her sister’s wedding.
Miss Maine pageant Executive Director Mackenzie Davis expressed her disappointment that Johnson wouldn’t be able to perform her duties as Miss Maine. According to Davis, becoming Miss Maine carries with it some serious commitments and there is no excuse why Johnson should shun them. Davis however admitted that she understands the situation that Johnson finds herself in.
Ashley Marble who was second in the contest in Maine is expected to represent the state in the absence of Johnson.
- Photos of Miss USA in stripping contest emerge - May 18, 2010
- Explicit Photos Of The Contestants Of Miss USA Cause Outrage In Some Quarters - May 15, 2010
- Miss Universe 2010 contestants' body-paint photos rake up a controversy - Aug 24, 2010
- Dabur parts ways with Miss Nepal - Jul 26, 2011
- Miss USA Rima Fakih embroiled in 'stripper' row - May 18, 2010
- Alexandria Mills, Miss World 2010 Likes Gorging On Italian Food! - Nov 02, 2010
- Leona Gage Bids Goodbye Forever - Oct 11, 2010
- (after 1)International titles evade Indian girls -- wonder why? - Sep 14, 2011
- Rima Fakih's Pole Dancing Photos Arouse Controversy - May 18, 2010
- Miss Delaware Kayla Martell Fails To Win Miss America Pageant 2011 - Jan 16, 2011
- Miss USA Rima Fakih's Dream To Win Miss Universe 2010 Pageant Ends - Aug 24, 2010
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- Miss USA Alexandria Mills Wins Miss World 2010 Pageant - Oct 31, 2010
- Miss Michigan Rima Fakih Wins Miss USA Title - May 17, 2010
- Donald Trump decides against running for president in 2012 - May 17, 2011
Tags: absence, ashley, circumstances, clashes, commitments, disappointment, ditch, donald trump, emily johnson, excuse, executive director, mackenzie, maine usa, marble, miss usa pageant, organizers, state contest