Mischa Barton reveals what led to her stint in rehabAugust 28th, 2009 - 5:50 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Aug 28 (ANI): British actress Mischa Barton has revealed what led to her being admitted into a rehab.
Barton, 23, revealed that the travelling she had to do abroad for her work, and the surgery she had to undergo to remove four of her wisdom teeth, was just too much for her to handle, and she ended up getting admitted into Cedars.
“Yeah, I went through a tough spot where everything compounded on me, and it was like a perfect storm, like everything was happening to me at once,” Time Out New York quoted her as saying in an exclusive interview.
“The show, travel and then this fairly routine surgery that went wrong-it’s still just healing. But I had to get through it without proper painkillers because I couldn’t take those during work. So it’s been a nightmare.
“I was down in the dumps about everything there for a while. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom about things and have to get the most stressed-out just to feel better again.
“I got completely stressed-out and couldn’t handle everything, and now I feel really in control,” she added.
Asked whether she had an official nervous breakdown, Barton revealed that she had no idea what happened.
“I don’t know. I don’t know. I had a friend who had a quasi-nervous breakdown, but I’m not sure it’s the same thing. I’m not sure I’m capable of a full-on nervous breakdown, but it was pretty bad,” she said.
“It didn’t last that long. It was more about the pain. I have a newfound respect for people who have chronic pain. I started getting migraines,” she added. (ANI)
- Mischa Barton splits from latest boyfriend - Sep 23, 2010
- Mischa Barton was scared of men - Dec 05, 2010
- I've given up men: Mischa Barton - Jul 08, 2012
- Mischa Barton splits from beau - Sep 22, 2010
- Actress Jennifer Grey has surgery to repair ruptured back disc - Dec 13, 2010
- Catherine is perfect, says Mischa Barton - Aug 27, 2012
- Barton gives up bottle for career - Jul 26, 2010
- Mischa Barton likes to move around - Jul 07, 2012
- Lovato opens up about nervous breakdown - Apr 15, 2011
- Mischa Barton blames bad surgery on wisdom teeth for meltdown - Sep 12, 2009
- Jessie J to show pain in next album - Dec 28, 2011
- Mischa Barton still struggles with depression - Oct 14, 2010
- Gaga couldn't talk for two days after Amy's death - Aug 02, 2011
- Dieting makes Eva Green depressed - May 04, 2012
- Mischa Barton comfortable with her new-found healthy body - Apr 09, 2009
Tags: british actress, cedars, chronic pain, dumps, mischa barton, nervous breakdown, newfound respect, nightmare, painkillers, perfect storm, rehab, respect for people, rock bottom, routine surgery, show travel, stint, time out new york, wisdom teeth