Mischa Barton likes her ‘nutty’ sense of dressingMay 26th, 2009 - 4:45 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 26 (ANI): Hollywood actress Mischa Barton has revealed that people often find her sense of dressing ‘nutty’, but she likes it that way.
Mischa revealed that though her personal style is not always well received, she would not stop experimenting.
“A few years ago people thought I was nuts for wearing headbands and fringing, but things I have been into have kind of become more popular recently,” Contactmusic quoted Mischa, as saying.
“I grew up with pictures of Marianne Faithfull and Anita Pallenberg on my wall, they have always been my style. I am a weird replica of the 70s! But it is cool to see that it is back on trend,” she added.
The stunner also revealed that people in Britain are more accepting of her style, as American people tend to stick to a definite style and find people with different style to be a bit eccentric.
“What is nice about fashion in Britain is that you get to be more eccentric and a bit more yourself. In the States they don’t like it when you look too different,” Mischa said.
She also urged women to not to be shy to experiment with their own style.
“It is about experimenting by mixing and matching to develop your own look. You should try to wear something that embodies your sense of style. I think it is bad to wear head to toe all one look,” Mischa added. (ANI)
- Catherine is perfect, says Mischa Barton - Aug 27, 2012
- Hudson's style icon is Kate Moss - Mar 25, 2011
- Mischa Barton launches website to promote her collection - Jan 13, 2009
- Ritu Kumar's fashion mantra: Innovate, move forward (Interview) - Oct 03, 2010
- Jessie J wants own perfume - May 21, 2012
- 'Keith Richards' seductress girlfriend almost broke up the Rolling Stones' - Oct 15, 2010
- Mischa Barton splits from latest boyfriend - Sep 23, 2010
- Dressing up Bipasha, Deepika, Katrina fun: Gauri-Nainika (Interview) - Mar 14, 2011
- Mischa Barton still struggles with depression - Oct 14, 2010
- Barton was bullied in school - Dec 29, 2010
- How celebs find the perfect Oscars dress - Feb 27, 2011
- I don't believe in crash diets: Deepika Padukone - Jul 24, 2012
- Malaika my mentor and muse: designer Rick Roy (With Image) - Jun 28, 2012
- Malaika my mentor and muse: designer Rick Roy (Lead) (With Image) - Jun 28, 2012
- Victoria Beckham a 'smart' dresser - Jul 13, 2012