Mischa Barton asked to gain weight or lose roleMarch 19th, 2009 - 1:30 am ICT by IANS
London, March 18 (IANS) Former “OC” actress Mischa Barton has reportedly been ordered to put on weight or face losing her role in a new US TV show.
Barton has agreed to play the part of a supermodel in CW network’s upcoming drama pilot “A Beautiful Life” but has been told to pile on the pounds by bosses who are worried her skinny frame will set a bad example to young viewers, reports contactmusic.com.
“The producers are very mindful that their target audience is teenage girls so it’s important to not send out the wrong message. Mischa has the part on condition she does not lose weight - they want her to put weight on if she can,” said a source from the channel.
- Mischa Barton feels healthier than ever - Aug 11, 2012
- Mischa Barton to gain weight for new role - Mar 19, 2009
- Rachel Bilson slams critics with a rap song - Jan 19, 2012
- Catherine is perfect, says Mischa Barton - Aug 27, 2012
- Mischa Barton's show axed after just 2 episodes - Sep 28, 2009
- TV bosses had 'no issue' with Barton's hospital stint - Aug 06, 2009
- I've given up men: Mischa Barton - Jul 08, 2012
- Mischa to launch retro clothing range - Mar 02, 2012
- Patridge doesn't have weight issues! - Jul 28, 2011
- Elle Macpherson to return to TV with Beautiful Life - Mar 21, 2009
- Mischa Barton was scared of men - Dec 05, 2010
- Mischa Barton's axed show set to return - Nov 18, 2009
- Mischa Barton making improvements, says rep - Jul 22, 2009
- Mischa Barton fumes over axed TV show - Dec 03, 2009
- Don't go for drastic diets, says Hathaway - Jul 11, 2012