Mirren named as favourite movie monarch: pollJanuary 19th, 2011 - 2:39 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 19 (IANS) Veteran actress Helen Mirren’s portrayal of “The Queen” has been voted as the favourite royal role, according to a new online poll.Mirren topped the poll with 47 percent, while Cate Blanchett’s “Elizabeth” came in second with 31 percent of the vote, in a poll conducted by website Fandango.com.
Dame Judi Dench came in third and fourth with her portrayals of Elizabeth I in “Shakespeare in Love” and as Queen Victoria in “Mrs. Brown”.
Nigel Hawthorne rounded out the top five with his role as King George III in “The Madness of King George”.
- Helen Mirren's portrayal of 'The Queen' voted best movie monarch - Jan 18, 2011
- Cate Blanchett named best on-screen monarch - Mar 07, 2009
- Cate Blanchett named best reel-life royal - Mar 06, 2009
- 'The Italian Job': Voted The Best English Film Ever! - Jan 11, 2011
- Kylie Minogue tops 'most powerful celebs in Britain' poll - Apr 01, 2010
- Watson wants to play Juliet! - Sep 24, 2011
- 'The Italian Job' voted best British film of all time - Jan 10, 2011
- Not interested in being a Barbie doll: Cattrall - Jul 04, 2011
- Helen Mirren terrified about royal role - Jun 10, 2012
- Judi Dench voted greatest stage star - Dec 17, 2010
- Mcconaughey voted Hollywood's sexiest dad - Jun 16, 2012
- Helen Mirren had best body in showbiz - Aug 02, 2011
- Queen has a charming persona: Mirren - Jun 11, 2012
- 'Sucker Punch' voted worst movie of 2011 - Nov 26, 2011
- Cheryl Cole voted most inspirational woman of decade - Mar 22, 2010
Tags: cate blanchett, dame judi dench, elizabeth i, fandango, helen mirren, jan 19, judi dench, king george iii, london jan, madness of king george, monarch, mrs brown, new online poll, nigel hawthorne, portrayal, portrayals, queen victoria, shakespeare, shakespeare in love, veteran actress