Mirren ditches royal robes to play 70s madamNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:22 am ICT by admin
The signing will see the off-screen couple team up for the big screen for the first time in more than 20 years.
Mirren will be playing Sally, the wife Joe Conforte, who opened the first legalised brothel in the US state of Nevada during the Seventies.
Joe Pesci will be starring as Conforte in the real-life story.
Hackford admits that he’s extremely excited about working with Mirren again.
“I’ve developed this project for a long time and one of the things that excited me most was the chance to work again with my wife,” The Daily Express quoted him, as saying.
He also reveals that he literally had to beg Mirren to get her to agree to the part.
“I had to beg! She’s a very busy girl. She wouldn’t agree unless it was a great role - and this is a great role,” he said.
The couple got together after meeting on the set of Hackford’s ‘White Nights’, in 1985 in which Mirren played the old flame of a Soviet dancer. (ANI)
- Dame Helen Mirren plays brothel madam in 'Love Ranch' - May 17, 2010
- Helen Mirren 'intimidated' by Joe Pesci - Jul 06, 2010
- Helen Mirren's latest film becomes her biggest flop - Aug 10, 2010
- Dame Helen Mirren 'comfortable' shooting love scene for hubby - Jun 30, 2010
- Mirren dislikes romantic films - Jul 05, 2010
- Bai Ling to play Dame Helen Mirren's top hooker in 'Love Ranch' - Jun 10, 2009
- Naked scenes get better with age: Helen Mirren - Oct 09, 2010
- Mirren okay with intimate scenes - Jun 30, 2010
- Helen Mirren taking her clothes off even at 65 - Oct 24, 2010
- Helen Mirren's hubby brings wife's cardboard cutout to premiere - Oct 13, 2010
- Helen Mirren hates romantic movies - Jul 05, 2010
- Dame Helen Mirren Immortalized In Wax By Madame Tussauds - May 12, 2010
- Helen Mirren to re-team with hubby for 'Love Ranch' - Nov 14, 2007
- Dame Helen Mirren poses topless to publicize her movie 'Love Ranch' - Jun 22, 2010
- Mirren's 'Queen' portrayal leaves her shocked hubby in fits of laughter - Aug 07, 2009