Mirch Movie Review: Watch The Modern Woman Taking Charge Of Her Own Sex LifeDecember 9th, 2010 - 8:36 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
December 9, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Film: Mirch
Director: Vinay Shukla
Cast: Konkona Sen Sharma, Raima Sen, Boman Irani, Shreyas Talpade, Rajpal Yadav, Shahana Goswami, Arunoday Singh
A small budget but meaningful cinema from the hands of Vinay Shukla, Mirch is clearly a thought provoking film which deals with contemporary issues such as a woman’s sexuality and gender equality in our country. Bollywood is no longer under pressure to play coy and that is clearly highlighted in the characters of Mirch, the girls shedding all inhibitions when it comes to baring all for the movie camera.
The story of Mirch introduces us to a guy named Manav who is prepared to do anything to secure a place in the film world as a successful filmmaker. However, when his initial scripts get rejected by a producer, he takes the help from the Panchatantra series to write down his own adaptation of the story of a girl who comes out unscathed even after her husband catches her red handed in bed with another man. While there are complains about the length of his film being short, Manav makes four modern stories inspired from the Panchatantra, all based on the subject of adultery and highly erotic in content.
As Manav’s storyline suggests, his actors will now have to shed all to enact their part in the film within a film. Mirch is thus a combination of four stories. The stories are thematically linked to one another but speak about four different sets of lives. Viewers are eagerly waiting to watch Vinay Shukla’s interpretation of the women who have a mind when it comes to sex.
- Mirch Movie Review: Be Careful Of The Contemporary Woman! - Dec 10, 2010
- 'Mirch' Movie Review: Is Sexual Equality The Only Answer To Gender Equality? - Dec 17, 2010
- iView Film Festival in New York Will Start and End With Indian Movies - Aug 23, 2010
- 'Mirch' about politics of sex (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***) - Dec 17, 2010
- Raima Sen: Why is She Worried About Her Mother Watching Her Film Mirch? - Dec 10, 2010
- Third iView film fest in New York high on Indian movies - Aug 20, 2010
- Box office promises fun unlimited with comedies (IANS Preview) - Dec 06, 2010
- 'Mirch' a celebration of womanhood: Director (Interview) - Dec 15, 2010
- Raima's Bong connection - Jun 03, 2009
- Mahie Gill faints on sets of 'Mirch' (With Images) - Sep 21, 2009
- I'm all for glamorous roles: Raima Sen - Apr 17, 2010
- Konkona Sen Sharma Takes A Break Until Mid 2011 - Dec 06, 2010
- I'm not offered wicked roles: Konkona Sen (Interview) - Dec 18, 2010
- 'Yeh Saali Zindagi' Duo Aditi And Arunoday Replaces Mallika Sherawat’s Kissing Record - Jan 31, 2011
- I'm glad I'm not offered bikini roles: Raima Sen (Interview) - Sep 15, 2010
Tags: adultery, bollywood, boman irani, contemporary issues, film world, filmmaker, gender equality, goswami, inhibitions, konkona sen sharma, modern woman, movie camera, movie review, panchatantra, raima sen, rajpal yadav, sex life, shahana, Shreyas Talpade, story of a girl