Mirch Movie Review: Be Careful Of The Contemporary Woman!December 10th, 2010 - 2:15 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Director: Vinay Shukla
Cast: Konkona Sen Sharma, Raima Sen, Boman Irani, Shreyas Talpade, Rajpal Yadav, Shahana Goswami, Arunoday Singh
Seldom is a film made in Bollywood which provokes us to put on our thinking caps. Vinay Shukla has been able to achieve just that with his latest release Mirch. A film made for the contemporary audience, Mirch takes you on a journey inside a modern woman’s life, especially her mind, as it raises issues such as a woman’s sexuality and gender equality in our society.
Mirch narrates the story of Manav, a budding filmmaker who faces flak from his seniors in the film industry but is determined to make a film which will take the industry by storm. It is then that Manav comes up with a story based on the classic Panchatantra. Manav’s film is a clubbing of four stories, all of which have sex as its central subject. What will you do if you catch your wife red handed in bed with another man? Will you allow her to come out of the incident without being affected? This is the question that Manav raises through his first film.
The story of Mirch is a combination of four stories, all of them inspired from the Panchatantra, and all of them relying high on eroticism. Raima Sen and Konkona Sen Sharma impress as the women who have a mind of their own and who do not shy away from flaunting their bodies in front of men who they like, as also in front of the movie cameras. When it comes to Vinay Shukla, people can trust the actor turned director to make a masterpiece out of a small budget film too!
- Mirch Movie Review: Watch The Modern Woman Taking Charge Of Her Own Sex Life - Dec 09, 2010
- 'Mirch' Movie Review: Is Sexual Equality The Only Answer To Gender Equality? - Dec 17, 2010
- 'Mirch' about politics of sex (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***) - Dec 17, 2010
- Box office promises fun unlimited with comedies (IANS Preview) - Dec 06, 2010
- Third iView film fest in New York high on Indian movies - Aug 20, 2010
- iView Film Festival in New York Will Start and End With Indian Movies - Aug 23, 2010
- 'Mirch' a celebration of womanhood: Director (Interview) - Dec 15, 2010
- Raima Sen: Why is She Worried About Her Mother Watching Her Film Mirch? - Dec 10, 2010
- Raima's Bong connection - Jun 03, 2009
- Mahie Gill faints on sets of 'Mirch' (With Images) - Sep 21, 2009
- I'm all for glamorous roles: Raima Sen - Apr 17, 2010
- Konkona Sen Sharma Takes A Break Until Mid 2011 - Dec 06, 2010
- I'm not offered wicked roles: Konkona Sen (Interview) - Dec 18, 2010
- Literature is important, says Vinay Pathak - Sep 13, 2012
- Arunoday Singh says he is fearless (With Images) - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: bollywood, boman irani, budget film, central subject, contemporary woman, film industry, filmmaker, gender equality, goswami, konkona sen sharma, modern woman, movie cameras, movie review, panchatantra, raima sen, rajpal yadav, shahana, Shreyas Talpade, thinking caps, woman director