Miranda Kerr’s ex-beau showered her with gifts from fraud moneyJune 3rd, 2009 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, June 3 (ANI): Miranda Kerr’s ex-beau Adrian Camilleri is being tried in a Sydney court for using his investment company’s money to shower the supermodel with gifts.
The Victoria’s Secret model’s former flame was before the Sydney District Court as he was accused of failing to repay a 123,000 dollars loan to lenders introduced to him by Kerr’s mother, Therese.
Earlier, Camilleri had used funds from his Asset Finance Services company account to buy Kerr gifts, including 10,000 dollars worth of plane tickets to New York and a grand piano.
Kerr, who now dates Hollywood heartthrob Orlando Bloom, broke up with Camilleri in 2004.
A jury heard Camilleri later used money owed to Winton and Charmaine Taylor from a short-term loan in December 2005 to pay his personal debts.
His spending included a 25,000 dollars share in a Porsche and 5500 dollars in curtains for his Point Piper and Bondi homes.
Kerr’s mum introduced Camilleri and Taylors, and the broker feared that she would direct other referred investors to withdraw their funds if his fraud was disclosed.
His defence barrister Stephen Hanley said Camilleri had been “too embarrassed” and “concerned” to tell the couple, because of their links to Kerr’s mum.
“He should have said there has been a huge mistake but he didn’t,” the Courier Mail quoted Hanley as saying.
Camilleri has pleaded not guilty to one charge of fraud. (ANI)
- Miranda Kerr's mum says Orlando Bloom is a true gentleman - Jul 25, 2010
- Sell your Porsche to buy parking space on Bondi Beach! - May 30, 2010
- Now, dubious man claims stake in Facebook - Apr 13, 2011
- Jake Gyllenhaal gifts Taylor Swift $11K guitar on 21st b'day - Dec 20, 2010
- Kevin Rudd buys $3.1m holiday house at Castaways Beach - Feb 16, 2011
- How death of her first love taught Miranda life's mission - Nov 15, 2010
- WWE Raw All Star Night: 'Piper's Pit' - Jun 14, 2011
- How Orlando Bloom impressed Miranda Kerr's parents - Jul 26, 2010
- Stoke City star Pennant forgot Porsche at train station - Jan 20, 2011
- Miranda Kerr named Earth Hour's global ambassador 2011 - Mar 06, 2011
- UK jury finds peer guilty of swindling taxpayer of over 11K pounds - Jan 26, 2011
- Porsche Advent Calendar For $1 Million - Sep 27, 2010
- Newly single Michael Clarke kicks off b'day celebrations a day early - Apr 03, 2010
- Becks' Porsche sold for $217,100 on eBay - Jan 18, 2011
- US woman's revenge on cheating ex by strip show sale of his stuff on eBay - Mar 06, 2011
Tags: asset finance, bondi, camilleri, charmaine, courier mail, finance services, grand piano, hollywood heartthrob, investment company, miranda kerr, mother therese, orlando bloom, personal debts, plane tickets, point piper, secret model, short term loan, sydney district, taylors, winton