Minogue wants to be an actor againJune 9th, 2012 - 5:02 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 9 (IANS) Kylie Minogue has been bitten by acting bug once again. After doing “Holy Motors”, the singer wants to take up more acting assignments.
Minogue says that although it will be difficult for people to associate her with anything except music, she is now confident to take more big screen projects.
“I’ve got a lot of work to do before people stop thinking: ‘Oh, what’s Kylie Minogue doing in a film,” the 44-year-old singer said.
“But this has made me feel it’s possible to do something beautiful and challenging, and to be believable as someone else,” she added.
Minogue shot to fame after appearing in Australian soap “Neighbours” in 1986 and later appeared in movies including “The Delinquents” and “Moulin Rouge”.
“I’d definitely love to do more acting. My heart cries out for it; it’s such a deep longing. For years I’ve been waiting to get back into it and it just hasn’t happened or, it has happened and it was so disastrous that I thought: ‘Oh, it’s just not for me”, the Guardian quoted Minogue as saying.
- Kylie Minogue heading back to silver screen? - Jun 18, 2010
- Minogue wants to do musical - Dec 25, 2010
- Kylie Minogue desperate to star in a movie musical - Dec 25, 2010
- Kylie Minogue Bags A Role In Hollywood Film - Jul 02, 2010
- Kylie sports grungy look in new film - Jul 10, 2012
- Kylie Minogue to return to acting - Jun 16, 2010
- Kylie Minogue lands first film role in almost a decade - Jul 01, 2010
- I was destined to be a star: Kylie Minogue - Jun 17, 2012
- Kylie Minogue wants children, may adopt - Feb 23, 2011
- It's fun to change looks: Kylie Minogue - Mar 05, 2012
- Kylie says she may adopt or use a surrogate mum to have baby - Feb 23, 2011
- Acting on Bieber's priority list - Aug 10, 2012
- Kylie jokes about making one-off return appearance on 'Neighbours' - May 22, 2010
- It's daughter over work for Halle Berry! - Jan 04, 2011
- Kylie Minogue desperate for serious acting career - May 12, 2009