Minaj guilty for closing Twitter accountApril 24th, 2012 - 8:49 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, April 24 (IANS) Rapper Nicki Minaj says she now feels guilty for upsetting her fans by deleting her Twitter account. But she admits she is relishing her time away from the social networking site.
Minaj deactivated her account April 12 after one of her unheard tunes leaked online.
“Like seriously, its but so much a person can take. Goodbye,” she posted before shutting her account.
With 11 million followers, she is unsure whether she will return to the site. But she misses being in contact with her admirers.
“Reinstate my account? I don’t know yet. I have to say, I’ve been kind of enjoying life without Twitter. But I feel bad on the fans. They got really sad when I deleted it,” she told thesun.co.uk.
“I think most artists will experience a lot of negative people on Twitter. But thank god, I’ve got so many followers that I’m not able to see them that much. I’ll see some from time to time but, for the most part, I always focus on something good,” she added.
“But the way I deal with it is if I see someone tweet something bad, I’ll retweet it and put some lewd thing back,” she said.
- Nicki Minaj quits Twitter - Apr 20, 2012
- Why did Minaj quit Twitter? - Apr 21, 2012
- Minaj wants baby in five years - May 11, 2012
- Rihanna, Nicki Minaj get flirty on set of 'Fly' - Jan 10, 2011
- Nicki Minaj pulls out of Rihanna's tour - Apr 09, 2010
- Jessie J targeted by hacker - Jan 25, 2012
- I'm not bisexual: Nicki Minaj - Sep 06, 2012
- Drake And Nicki Minaj Joked About Their Marriage? - Aug 29, 2010
- Was Nicki Minaj's Grammy dress inspired by Little Red Riding Hood? - Feb 13, 2012
- Nicki Minaj wants to have kids - Mar 23, 2012
- Minaj 'overtly fondled' at airport - Jul 10, 2012
- Nicki Minaj & will.i.am pay tribute to Japanese anime in their latest video - Oct 27, 2010
- Minaj not ready for kids - Apr 23, 2012
- Kissing Madonna was good: Minaj - Dec 10, 2011
- Madonna & Nicki Minaj's kiss creates waves - Dec 09, 2011