Milind Soman wouldn’t mind playing ‘Captain Vyom’ againJune 12th, 2008 - 11:35 am ICT by IANS
By Radhika Bhirani
New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) Supermodel Milind Soman may be sporting a greying beard, but his fit physique defies his age. And the 43-year-old actor says he wouldn’t mind doing “Captain Vyom”, the science fiction serial, all over again. “Captain Vyom! Captain Vyom!” is how one of Milind’s fans referred to him at an event here just two weeks ago, and the latter responded with a smile.
After becoming an established name in the modelling industry and featuring in “A Mouthful of Sky”, Milind became a household name for playing the protagonist in the futuristic sci-fi serial “Captain Vyom” that was aired on Doordarshan in 2000.
So, if given a chance, would he like to play the character once again?
“Only if there is an interesting story that is offered to me would I do television. Maybe something like ‘Captain Vyom’. I would agree to do a second season for it, feature in a game or even a movie based on it,” Milind told IANS.
Milind feels ecstatic every time someone addresses him as a super model.
“It’s so wonderful! People still call me a supermodel even when I am 43 years old and have left modelling for almost 12 years now,” he quipped.
But till date he has maintained his good looks and well-built body that made him the most wanted model for advertisements and the ramp alike.
“I don’t go to the gym very often. But I am used to swimming and running a lot. I go for marathons often,” said the actor, who was a national level swimmer and an electrical engineer prior to modelling.
He is now busy doing two Bollywood films apart from one in Telugu and another in Marathi. His Marathi venture, expected to release in July, is titled “Gandh” (smell), but he refused to divulge details of his Bollywood project.
“I am really excited about my Marathi film. I am playing a very different character and I am happy that I am able to promote regional cinema,” he said.
Milind, who is married to French actress Mylene Jampanoi, has previously featured in movies like “Tarkieb”, “16 December”, “Rules: Pyaar Ka Superhit Formula” and “Bheja Fry”.
Acting apart, Milind has his hands full on the production front as well.
“We have three films in their pre-production stage right now. We are doing a lot of shows and events,” he said while speaking about his production house Maximus Events.
- Milind Soman, Rahul Dev collaborate for fitness centre - Oct 17, 2008
- Tamil, Hindi, Marathi...Milind Soman loves experimenting (With Image) - Nov 08, 2009
- Milind Soman's film 'Gandh' gets rave review - Dec 19, 2009
- Who is Girish Kulkarni? - Mar 12, 2012
- Riteish Deshmukh to make Marathi movies - May 28, 2011
- Madhuri didn't want to play Rajni's sister (Movie Snippets) - Feb 24, 2011
- 'Rush' - Bejoy Nambiar's big dream for small screen - Jul 11, 2012
- I want to do Marathi films, says Vidya Balan - May 25, 2012
- My character is the same as Mr. Shivaji in CID- Milind Gunaji - Sep 08, 2009
- Akshay believes in love, not violence (Movie Snippets) - Mar 28, 2012
- SRK learnt life's important lesson in Kashmir - Sep 03, 2012
- 'Dangerous Ishq' required actors with no image: Karisma - May 07, 2012
- Sonu Sood denies being part of 'Dabangg 2' - Jan 10, 2012
- My role in Right Yaaa Wrong has put me in the map as an actor to reckon with -- Arav Chowdharry - Mar 27, 2010
- Emraan gets his first 'U' certified film, thanks kids - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: bollywood films, doordarshan, electrical engineer, french actress, household name, interesting story, jampanoi, marathons, milind soman, mouthful, protagonist, radhika, regional cinema, sci fi, second season, super model, swimmer, telugu, vyom, wanted model