Miley quit pop over politics in music industryApril 10th, 2010 - 1:27 am ICT by IANS
London, April 9 (IANS) Teen sensation Miley Cysrus has defended her decision to quit pop for movies, insisting she has grown disillusioned with the “contrived” music industry.
Since shooting to fame as schoolgirl pop star Hannah Montana on the hit Disney show with the same name, Cyrus has released three studio albums to date, and has announced that her fourth that comes out later this year will be her last.
The 17-year-old has moved on to serious acting with her first grown-up role in “The Last Song”, and has confirmed that she wants to concentrate on her movie career because she felt forced to step away from making music, as she grew tired of record label bureaucracy, reports contactmusic.com.
“I just feel like the industry is so contrived and political right now. If people stepped away and said, ‘We’re not going to work like this, it’s more about out art than the politics’, then maybe it would go back to being respected again,” she said.
“I’d rather be in an industry that I feel like I can be different in, and do things that really inspire me. It’s not that I don’t love music, I do. But I feel like I just need to get away from that for a little while,” she added.
- This is my breakout moment: Miley Cyrus (Interview with Images) - May 01, 2010
- Who's The New Man In Miley Cyrus' Life? - Nov 12, 2010
- Miely Cyrus to quit music for movies - Mar 28, 2010
- Miley Cyrus Goes The sexy Way In Her Recent Video - Nov 06, 2010
- Miley Cyrus feels too old for Hanna Montana role - Mar 19, 2010
- Miley Cyrus Seems To Be Growing Up Too Fast! - Dec 28, 2010
- Amy Winehouse's Ex, Josh Bowman Dating Miley Cyrus? - Feb 10, 2011
- Miley Cyrus Turns Heads With Her New Role In LOL - Aug 28, 2010
- Miley Cyrus' ’ Forever’ Album On Hannah Montana Released - Oct 20, 2010
- Billy Ray Cyrus Takes To Twitter To Apologize For Daughter's Bong Video - Dec 11, 2010
- Jeremy Piven Defends Miley Cyrus - Jan 29, 2011
- Miley Cyrus quits Hannah Montana role - Mar 28, 2010
- Hemsworth's family likes Cyrus - Jul 03, 2012
- Miley Cyrus Terms Dolly Parton As Her 'Fairy Godmother' - Jul 05, 2010
- Billy Ray Cyrus calls off divorce - Mar 18, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,