Miley Cyrus supports gay marriagesApril 22nd, 2009 - 5:25 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 22 (ANI): Hollywood actress Miley Cyrus has given her nod to gay marriages, as she believes Jesus loves all and does not discriminate between gay people and straight people.
Cyrus revealed her stance on being quizzed by blogger Perez Hilton, who reached out to top celebrities after attacking Miss California Carrie Prejean for her anti-gay marriage stance at the Miss USA pageant over the weekend.
Hilton, who was judging the beauty contest, asked the Carrie for her thoughts on same sex marriage and was aghast when Prejean revealed she believed marriage should be between a man and a woman.
After which he asked multifarious celebrities including Cyrus about their say on the whole issue.
“Jesus loves you and your partner and wants you to know how much he cares! thats like a daddy not loving his lil boy cuz hes gay and that is wrong and very sad! like i said everyone deserves to be happy (sic),” Contactmusic quoted Cyrus, as stating on her Twitter page.
On the other hand Shana Moakler, who was Carrie’s mentor before the pageant, revealed she was pretty upset by Carrie’s answer and is not in talking terms with her ever since.
“I don’t know how you can call a gay man or woman your friend and not want them 2 have the same joys as yourself. In my family we believe in equal rights for all. I am sad and hurt,” Moakler stated on her Twitter page.
“It’s one thing to have an opinion - I am very opinionated and have dealt with backlash from it - it’s another to alienate people who cared about u,” Moakler added. (ANI)
- Miss California Carrie Prejean Severely Criticized - Apr 22, 2009
- Carrie Prejean being encouraged to surrender Miss California title - May 09, 2009
- Former Miss California USA Carrie Prejean Sues Pageant Officials - Sep 01, 2009
- Miss California Carrie Prejean may be stripped of her crown - May 07, 2009
- Shanna Moakler quits Miss USA over Miss California controversy - May 14, 2009
- Former beauty queen Carrie Prejean to wed NFL quarterback Kyle Boller - Jun 30, 2010
- Carrie Prejean sues Miss California organization over discrimination - Sep 01, 2009
- Cyrus gets inked to support gay community - Aug 01, 2011
- Gay marriage hate mails made Miley quit Twitter - Apr 02, 2010
- Miss USA Kristen Dalton not taking sides in Carrie Prejean controversy - Apr 24, 2009
- Ex Miss California Prejean, pageant officials had issues before controversy - Sep 03, 2009
- Kyle Boller Is All Set To Tie The Knot With Carrie Prejean - Jul 01, 2010
- Carrie Prejean To Return Surgery Money To Pageant - Oct 21, 2009
- Donald Trump defends Miss California's gay marriage comments - Apr 24, 2009
- Miley Cyrus defends Osbourne on Twitter - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: backlash, beauty contest, blogger, carrie, gay man, gay marriage, gay marriages, hollywood actress, man and a woman, marriage, mentor, miley cyrus, miss california, miss usa pageant, nod, perez hilton, prejean, quizzed, same sex marriage, top celebrities