Miley Cyrus strikes back over ‘racist’ photo lawsuitApril 15th, 2009 - 2:16 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, April 15 (ANI): ‘Hannah Montana’ star Miley Cyrus has struck back against the “racist” lawsuit filed against her, saying the woman suing her was only looking to “publicly embarrass and harass ” her.
Pictures of the 16-year-old had found their way on the Internet, depicting the star and a group of male friends pulling their eyes to apparently mock Asians.
Following the leak, Lucie J. Kim had turned to court in February seeking billion dollars in compensation on behalf of the one million-plus Asian-Pacific Islanders living in Los Angeles, reports Contactmusic.
And now, the actress’ attorneys are asking the judges to toss the “manifestly frivolous” lawsuit.
The teen’s legal team alleged that the suit was nothing less than a “publicity stunt in an effort to publicly embarrass and harass (Cyrus) and to obtain a large and quick class-action settlement”.
TMZ.com further reported that Cyrus’ team were also asking Kim to pay her legal bills till now, which amount up to 26,685 dollars. (ANI)
- Miley Cyrus gets relief from controversial race photo lawsuit - Nov 21, 2009
- Miley Cyrus seeks $60,000 in costs in racial photo suit - Jun 13, 2009
- Miley's tattoo obsession continues - Feb 20, 2012
- Bong smoking Miley Cyrus angers anti-drugs campaigners - Dec 12, 2010
- Miley Cyrus' bong-smoking video hits the web - Dec 11, 2010
- Miley Cyrus' Disney return - May 08, 2012
- Miley Cyrus Seems To Be Growing Up Too Fast! - Dec 28, 2010
- Margaret Cho brands Miley Cyrus disgrace in song for slanting eyes to mock Asians - Feb 13, 2009
- Miley Cyrus slapped with $4bn lawsuit over Asian row - Feb 12, 2009
- Brenda engaged to Miley's brother - Oct 16, 2011
- Miley Cyrus Goes The sexy Way In Her Recent Video - Nov 06, 2010
- Miley Cyrus Smoked Salvia Herb In Controversial Bong Video - Dec 11, 2010
- Miley Cyrus planning to get a sixth tattoo - Mar 20, 2011
- Miley Cyrus' ’ Forever’ Album On Hannah Montana Released - Oct 20, 2010
- Hindus and Jews ask Miley Cyrus to raise Gypsy apartheid issue on her "Gypsy Heart" tour - Apr 25, 2011
Tags: actress, asian pacific islanders, asians, attorneys, billion dollars, class action settlement, frivolous lawsuit, hannah montana, legal bills, male friends, miley cyrus, one million, photo, publicity stunt