Miley Cyrus seeks $60,000 in costs in racial photo suitJune 13th, 2009 - 1:47 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 13 (ANI): Ramping up her fight against a suit over a photo showing her and others making a “slanty eyes” gesture, ‘Hannah Montana’ star Miley Cyrus has asked court to award her 60,000 dollars in costs, in case she wins the case.
One Lucie Kim filed the case against the singer on behalf of Los Angeles’ Asian citizens, after the picture appeared on the Internet in February. .
Kim claims that the image shows Cyrus mocking Asians, and insists that she was emotionally stressed after viewing the snap.
She decided on moving the court despite the fact that Cyrus had apologised for the picture.
Last week, a judge at Los Angeles Superior Court told Kim that the case had little merit.
Judge Robert Hess said that Cyrus’ behaviour was “immature and childish”, but still he doubted whether Kim would be able to prove that the singer was a “business establishment”, and, therefore, obliged not to act in such a manner publicly.
Her partial victory in the case has prompted Cyrus to demand that Kim pays her legal fees.
Her attorneys have filed documents at the court in this regard.
“The plaintiff and Plaintiff’s Counsel be ordered to pay to Defendants all attorneys’ fees ad costs incurred in connection with this action, which through this filing of this motion totals 58,162.50 dollars,” Contactmusic quoted her attorneys as requesting. (ANI)
- Miley Cyrus gets relief from controversial race photo lawsuit - Nov 21, 2009
- Britney Spears sued by Brand Sense Partners - Jun 07, 2011
- Miley Cyrus strikes back over 'racist' photo lawsuit - Apr 15, 2009
- Courtney Love in legal trouble - Jun 27, 2012
- Clooney, Roberts sue electronics companies - May 02, 2012
- Britney Spears Sued by Nanny for $35,000 in Unpaid Wages - Oct 04, 2010
- Suvari opts of out-of-court divorce settlement - May 20, 2012
- Gloria Trevi's bodyguards accused of assault - May 24, 2012
- Zooey Deschanel sues footwear firm - Dec 19, 2010
- Bruce Willis wants stained rug lawsuit dismissed - Jul 20, 2010
- Hilary Duff's hubby slapped with lawsuit - Oct 05, 2010
- US court to hear 1984 anti-Sikh riots case against Congress - Feb 19, 2012
- Cyrus enjoys free hamburger meal - Jun 30, 2012
- Federal Judge In America Invalidates A Lawsuit Against The Deceased Michael Jackson - Aug 20, 2010
- Kim Kardashian is filling for divorce from Kris Humphries - Nov 01, 2011
Tags: angeles superior court, asians, attorneys, business establishment, citizens, gesture, hannah montana, judge robert, los angeles superior court, miley cyrus, partial victory, photo suit, plaintiff, regard, robert hess, slanty eyes, snap