Miley Cyrus 2009 pregnancy denial confusion lingersJuly 6th, 2009 - 9:00 pm ICT by John Le Fevre
Confusion is reigning in the online world as to whether teen Disney star Miley Cyrus is pregnant to boyfriend Nick Jonas, or not.
An internet email and Twitter campaign in the early hours of Monday morning set the internet ablaze as rumor piled upon rumor that the young singer, actress, and author was pregnant.
The rumor gained momentum from bloggers, online fan sites and “news sites” copying and amending the original story until truth and fantasy became rapidly blurred into one.
To add to the confusion other websites re-hashed an old 2007 story wherein Cyrus denied she was pregnant, giving the appearance the denial was current and in response to the original smear campaign spread on Twitter, forums and emails in the first place.
However on Associated Content, Phillip White appears to quote a current source in his article Miley Cyrus Pregnant 2009? Again, No, quoting publicist Meghan Prophet saying “It’s 100 percent false. Someone doctored a J-14 article and posted this online.
“It’s ridiculous and completely untrue. Miley is not pregnant. She just wrapped season two of Hannah Montana and will go on tour beginning Oct. 18.”
Whether or not Cyrus is pregnant or not will be questioned by some for days, or until a reputable online and or print publication or broadcaster publishes a statement confirming or denying the latest rumor.
This is just the latest example of celebrities being targeted in such campaigns, with singer Rick Astley rumored to have been dead last week, and Patrick Swayze some six weeks ago.
What is known for sure is that Cyrus is dating Nick Jonas, the youngest of the Jonas Brothers.
Miley is no stranger to ‘sexy scandals’ having already appeared in provocative photos and in some controversial MySpace photos. Cyrus has always said that she wants many kids but she intends to get married first.
- Amia Miley angry after being mistaken for Kim Kardashian on Twitter - Jun 14, 2012
- Miley Cyrus And Nick Jonas Come Together For Music Album - Jan 08, 2011
- Taylor Lautner Rumored Dead - Jan 11, 2010
- Miley Cyrus denies Nick Jonas gave her diamond ring - Jul 24, 2009
- I didn't have an affair with Miley Cyrus' mom', claims Bret Michaels - Nov 11, 2010
- Nick Jonas dating Delta Goodrem? - May 18, 2011
- Miley Cyrus Seems To Be Growing Up Too Fast! - Dec 28, 2010
- Julianne Hough's phone hacked - Aug 31, 2011
- Nick Jonas Death Rumors Surface Once More - Aug 31, 2009
- Eminem is not dead - Jan 09, 2010
- Miley Cyrus in hot water over nude pic scandal - Dec 03, 2010
- Is Jessica Simpson pregnant? - Sep 27, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's Ex, Josh Bowman Dating Miley Cyrus? - Feb 10, 2011
- Miley Cyrus lashes out at rude fan - Dec 22, 2011
- Billy Ray Cyrus Takes To Twitter To Apologize For Daughter's Bong Video - Dec 11, 2010
Tags: broadcaster, current source, denial, disney star, fan sites, hannah montana, internet email, miley cyrus, monday morning, news sites, nick jonas, patrick swayze, phillip white, prophet, provocative photos, publicist, Rick Astley, scandals, six weeks, smear campaign