Mike Tyson Gets Emotional On OprahOctober 13th, 2009 - 6:23 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Oct. 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, the heavy weight champion of boxing Mike Tyson made a long-awaited appearance. The crowd looked forward to his interview and he did not disappoint them. Rather he stated all the tragedies that happened in his life so far. He foremost expressed grief over his 4-yr-old daughter’s death. He refused to understand why his 4-yr-old daughter Exodus died suddenly at her mother’s place.The girl was found dead with her neck wrapped in the cord of a treadmill. In a critical condition Exodus was kept on life support at Arizona Hospital.He refused to blame anybody as that would create problems.
The former champ openly expressed his hasty actions in the past years of his life.The time spent at the prison,disturbances in his marriage to Robin Givens and his drug addicted nature, he stated as the reasons for his failure. In the interview with the queen of talk show, Mike stated, “My first instinct was a lot of rage, you know, and I was so happy that I had the tools in life, you know, to not go in that direction,because I’ve been that direction. I know where that’s gonna lead me. I know I’m not gonna win”.
Mike Tyson remained somewhat silent while talking about his daughter’s death. Instead he revealed few highly surprising quotes about his wife Givens. He spoke of his divorce, conviction in the rape case and his disqualification from sport events. In a competitive mood he was held responsible for biting the ear of Evander Holyfield during a fight in 1997. On being asked about his personal life,Mike revealed his family was the ‘biggest asset’ to him.
- Iron Mike's heart not in boxing anymore, says Holyfield ruling out re-match - Sep 17, 2010
- Mike Tyson becomes a vegan - Jul 29, 2010
- Mike Tyson welcomes his new baby Morocco Elijah Tyson - Jan 28, 2011
- Mike Tyson suggests kids to 'walk away' from bullies - May 10, 2010
- Evander Holyfield taught me how to punch, says Helen Mirren - Apr 06, 2011
- I'll retire if I don't get fights: Holyfield - Sep 12, 2012
- 'I'm done with boxing', says Mike Tyson - Oct 28, 2010
- Mike Tyson turns vegetarian - May 13, 2010
- Ex-boxing champ Tyson to become a missionary to earn respect from his kids - Aug 16, 2010
- 'Iron' Mike Tyson loses cool when reminded of rape during live TV show - Nov 04, 2009
- Boxing great Holyfield's wife receives restraining order against him - Feb 12, 2010
- Mike Tyson opens up about death of his daughter - Mar 09, 2011
- I've found happiness with pigeons: Mike Tyson (Interview) (With Images) - Jun 08, 2011
- Mike Tyson Sued by Paparazzi for Injuries - Oct 20, 2010
- Two years on, Tyson opens up on daughter's death - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: arizona hospital, awaited appearance, boxing mike tyson, conviction, critical condition, evander holyfield, exodus, grief, heavy weight champion, instinct, mike tyson, oprah winfrey, personal life, ranjan, rape case, robin givens, sport events, talk show, tragedies, treadmill