Mike Tompkins Appears On “Today Show”November 16th, 2010 - 8:23 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 16, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Youtube sensation Mike Tompkins, made an attempt to enhance his popularity by appearing in “Today Show”, by participating in a five-part series called “Today Goes Viral”. The show was a huge hit as for the first time this star made a television appearance in one of the most popular shows of American television.
Mike Tompkins said that he loved being on the show and it was an exciting experience for him. He also assured that those who missed it out, need not worry as he would soon upload the video in his social networking profiles. This particular episode was made even more exciting as the Youtube star shared with the cast and the audiences, his basic formula of making a viral video successful. He gave several tips and perspectives on this particular topic, which is quite a new concept of the 21st century. Viral Video is not like other forms of music that is available in CDs and cassettes. It is the kind of music that gains popularity mainly through internet sharing, typically by means of video sharing websites and emails. The singer cannot expect his songs to be in the music stores. Mike Tompkins, claims that he caters to a niche of listeners, who are more internet savvy. In “Today Goes Viral”, Meredith Vieira, Matt Lauer, Al Roker and Ann Curry recorded an a cappella version of Taio Cruz’s number “Dynamite”, with the help of this Viral star. The track was quite peppy, catchy and on-pitch.
Mike Tompkins is one of the biggest stars in the Youtube and his fans mainly include the internet savvy music lovers. He recreated some of the famous songs like “Teenage Dream,” by Katy Perry, Bruno Mars’ “Just the Way You Are” and Miley Cyrus’ “Party in the USA,”. His video of “Teenage Dreams” was viewed 4.7 million times.
- Mike Tompkins' Youtube Videos Is Better Than 'Glee', Claims Reports - Nov 17, 2010
- 'Kolaveri Di' crosses 50 million hits (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Ted Williams Arrives With His God-Gifted Voice On TV - Jan 07, 2011
- Indonesia's famous singing policeman fired - Dec 08, 2011
- George Michael completes music video with Moss - Jul 16, 2012
- Dhanush regales Kolkata on Christmas - Dec 25, 2011
- Pizza chef Carmelo Raccuglia's video goes viral - Jan 25, 2012
- When technology, Bollywood walked hand in hand (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 17, 2011
- Confident Dhanush shoots for 'Kolaveri Di' song - Jan 04, 2012
- Kanye West cancels performance at NBC's Today show - Nov 13, 2010
- With millions of hits, 'Kolaveri Di' on song - Nov 24, 2011
- Abe Vigoda makes Meredith Vieira final Today episode special - Jun 09, 2011
- Susan Boyle tops 'Most Popular YouTube Videos of 2009' list - Dec 17, 2009
- Talking dog most watched YouTube video of 2011 - Dec 20, 2011
- Exotic bird lands on Matt Lauer's head during show - Aug 12, 2011
Tags: al roker, american television, ann curry, cappella version, matt lauer, meena, meredith vieira, miley cyrus, million times, music lovers, music stores, social networking, taio cruz, teenage dream, teenage dreams, television appearance, tompkins, video sharing websites, viral video, youtube