Mike Myers offered chance to redeem himself by Hindu religious leadersFebruary 27th, 2009 - 7:03 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 27 (ANI): Canadian actor Mike Myers has been given a chance to redeem himself by the religious leaders who boycotted his flop film The Love Guru.
Hindu scholars started feeling sorry for Myers after the film picked up three dishonours at the Golden Raspberry Awards last weekend, and they”re offering the comic the chance to reverse his fortunes and get Hindus back on his side.
If Myers visited a Hindu temple, paid his obeisance, expressed remorse, and promised not to denigrate Hinduism in his future movies, Hindus would not only absolve him but might also pray for his success in his future ventures, Contactmusic quoted Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, who led the protests against The Love Guru for lampooning Hinduism, as saying.
As well as landing the Worst Film Razzie a week ago, Myers was also named the Worst Actor and he also picked up the Worst Screenplay dishonour.
It (The Love Guru) was one of the big disasters of the year. He managed to offend the entire Indian population, Zed said.
Although Myers temple visit would not undo the damage done to the community, it might help heal the wounds, he added. (ANI)
- Hindus, who protested "Love Guru", congratulate Mike Myers on marriage - Mar 07, 2011
- Hindus, who protested Love Guru, wish Mike Myers good luck on Austin Powers 4 - Apr 30, 2010
- Christians-Buddhists-Jews support Hindus upset over depiction of Lord Ganesh as sex act - Jan 31, 2011
- Catholics back Hindus protesting over mockery of Lord Ganesh by Carrey on NBC - Feb 05, 2011
- America's top civil rights group backs Hindus upset with NBC over Lord Ganesh mockery - Feb 07, 2011
- Hindus urge Mike Myers to withdraw "Love Guru" from exhibition in India - Mar 14, 2009
- Hindus ask Hollywood star Mike Myers for public apology on "The Love Guru" issue - Aug 05, 2008
- Hindus upset with Jim Carrey, NBC for mocking Lord Ganesh - Jan 17, 2011
- 'The Last Airbender' dominates 2011 Razzie Awards - Feb 28, 2011
- Perturbed Hindus ask for immediate recall of "Kali Mints" - Jun 01, 2010
- Jews back Hindus asking apology from Jim Carrey, NBC for mocking Lord Ganesh - Jan 22, 2011
- Shyamalan, Hilton, Myers win worst Oscar parody award nominations - Jan 22, 2009
- Hindus upset over trivialization of their gods in an Hollywood TV episode - Apr 24, 2010
- Sly, Denise Richards nominated for "Kela" awards for worst in Bollywood - Feb 23, 2010
- Hindus upset over Newsweek cover showing Obama as Nataraja - Nov 21, 2010
Tags: actor mike myers, canadian actor, denigrate, fortunes, golden raspberry awards, hindu scholars, hindu statesman, hindu temple, hinduism, hindus, indian population, mike myers, myers temple, obeisance, rajan zed, raspberry, religious leaders, remorse, screenplay, temple visit