Mika puts a spoke in Boyzone’s comeback plansNovember 14th, 2007 - 10:14 am ICT by admin
But after the band recorded the song, the ‘Grace Kelly’ star decided it was “too cheesy” and banned their version, a source revealed.
“Mika wrote the song and made it available for other artists. Boyzone loved it. They thought it was perfect to launch their comeback so they recorded it and it sounded great - a certain No1,” the Sun quoted a source, as saying.
“Just like the title of the track, Mika gave it all away. But then he took it back again,” the source added.
A spokesman for the band said that the band loved the song and that it was a shame that they couldn’t come out with it.
“It’s a real shame because it’s an incredible song and we all loved it,” the spokesman said.
A source close to Mika revealed that he did not have Boyzone on his mind, as he found them a bit too cheesy.
“He is keen to start writing for other pop artists as well as himself. But Boyzone isn’t really what he had in mind.
“He was hoping to work with some more interesting artists - Boyzone are a bit too cheesy,” the source said. (ANI)
- Stephan Gately website launched on his first death anniversary - Oct 11, 2010
- Duffy dismisses Boyzone splitting rumours - Jun 14, 2011
- Boyzone to perform at Gately's funeral - Oct 16, 2009
- Boyzone to release new track featuring Stephen Gately's vocals - Jan 19, 2010
- Secrets of Boyzone split to be revealed on TV show - May 28, 2009
- Ronan Keating splits from wife? - Apr 02, 2012
- Keating nervous about album release - Jan 16, 2012
- Recording new album was like therapy: Ronan Keating - Mar 03, 2010
- Surviving Boyzone members to stay in church with Gately's body overnight - Oct 15, 2009
- Ronan Keating planning to move in with blonde dancer lover? - May 31, 2010
- Boyzone plans to hit the bull's eye with comeback song - Dec 05, 2008
- Ronan Keating 'accused of cheating by wife' - May 21, 2010
- Keating apologises for cheating on sleeve notes of new album - Nov 12, 2010
- Singer Ronan Keating allegedly cheated on wife - May 21, 2010
- Boyzone to pay tribute to late band member - Nov 09, 2009