Mickey Rourke’s ‘Iron Man 2′ suit weighs 32 poundsMay 29th, 2009 - 11:44 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angles, May 29 (IANS) Hollywood actor Mickey Rourke has revealed that his villainous character Whilplash’s armour in superhero movie “Iron Man 2″ weighs close to 32 pounds.
AceShowbiz reports that though the actor confessed to having the “time of my life” after joining the superhero franchise, he is facing a tough time carrying the armour.
“It’s been really brutal, because my ‘Iron Man’ suit weighs 32 lb…It’s sort of a half-suit, with half my skin showing, with lots of Russian tattoos, because [Whiplash is just] out of a Russian-zone prison,” he said.
The character Whiplash whose real name is Mark Scarlotti is described to be a brilliant young man with a bright future. He originally obtains a promising job at hero Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark in the movie) controlled Stark International. However, he gets involved with the wrong people and ends up developing weapons for organised crime. After developing his armour suit, he is recruited by Tony Stark’s nemesis Justin Hammer.
“Iron Man 2″ is set to hit US theatres May 7, 2010.
- Shooting for 'Iron Man 2' was trying process: Robert Downey Jr. - May 08, 2010
- Downey Jr. denies Rourke''s Iron Man role - Feb 05, 2009
- Downey Jr. baffled by Rourke's acting technique - Apr 12, 2010
- Ben Kingsley in 'Iron Man 3'? - Apr 10, 2012
- Video of Iron Man baby girl becomes web hit - Jun 03, 2010
- 'Iron Man 2' will be bigger, brighter, louder, sexier, stronger, claims director - Apr 21, 2010
- "Iron Man 2" Trailer Creates Sensation Among Fans Of The Series - Dec 17, 2009
- Downey Jr. has 'Iron Man' head at home! - Apr 19, 2010
- Rourke used Winehouse's 'Rehab' to prepare for Iron Man 2 role - May 01, 2010
- Movie Review - Iron Man 2(2010) - May 08, 2010
- Robert Downey Jr injured during shooting of film - Aug 16, 2012
- 'Iron Man 2' fails its predecessor miserably (IANS Movie Review) - May 09, 2010
- Downey Jr. hints 'Iron Man 3' in pipeline - May 03, 2010
- Don Cheadle Calls His Role In "Iron Man 2" To Be "Improvised" - May 08, 2010
- Downey. Jr won't quit 'Iron Man' role - May 02, 2012
Tags: armour suit, bright future, franchise, hammer, hero, hollywood actor, iron man, los angles, man suit, mickey rourke, nemesis, robert downey, robert downey jr, russian zone, scarlotti, tattoos, time of my life, weapons, whiplash, young man