Mickey Rourke’s brother saved him from suicideJune 4th, 2009 - 11:54 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 4 (IANS) Hollywood’s comeback star Mickey Rourke credits his late brother for preventing him from committing suicide.
“The Wrestler” actor became depressed and suicidal after splitting from his wife Carrie Otis in 1998, while experiencing a lull in his acting career, and discovered a low in his life.
Rourke felt everyone had turned their back on him and was contemplating killing himself before his late brother helped him, shortly before he died of cancer, by telling him he had become a better person, reports contactmusic.com.
“I was moving in Los Angeles, trying to resurrect something I have no control over… When you were once somebody and you go down… But my brother Joe stayed loyal to me and, just before he died of cancer, he looked at me and said, ‘You have changed, bro. I never thought you would’. That gives me something to live for,” he said.
- Rourke threatened suicide if Otis didn't marry him - Oct 11, 2011
- Mickey Rourke thanks Stallone for standing by him - Nov 12, 2009
- Mickey Rourke is 'careful with money' - Aug 13, 2010
- Mickey Rourke's pooch bit him at first meeting - Dec 29, 2010
- Mickey Rourke calls Mel Gibson's ex 'bitch' - Jul 03, 2010
- Mickey Rourke vows never to marry an actress - Nov 09, 2009
- Rourke not getting married - Dec 12, 2009
- Mickey Rourke looking for English wife - Sep 10, 2009
- Sly 'proud to be amongst ugliest guys' in 'The Expendables' - Aug 05, 2010
- Wrestling accident leaves Rourke with permanent damage - May 05, 2010
- Mickey Rourke signing up real sports stars for new movie - Jan 15, 2011
- Mickey Rourke ditched by fiancee! - Sep 21, 2009
- Mickey Rourke's Oscar dream - Nov 10, 2009
- Being honest in a relationship is something new for me: Mickey Rourke - May 12, 2010
- MJ's dad 'whipped him when he did something wrong' - Nov 09, 2010